Reporting Employee Injury/Illness

Four (4) Step Process:

  1. Report the Injury To Your Supervisor. Report any workplace injury or illness to your supervisor immediately.  Reporting promptly helps prevent problems and delays in receiving benefits, including medical care you may need to avoid further injury.  Click here for the accident reporting flow chart.  
  2. Get Medical Treatment. 

Emergencies: Call 911   

First Aid Only: you may seek care at the CSUN Klotz Student Health Center or Concentra:  Examples of first aid include minor injuries, illnesses, cuts, scrapes, scratches.

Treatment beyond first aid:

All after hour injuries should be treated at Concentra's 24/7 location in Van Nuys.

If ambulance transportation is required call 911

Concentra has two (2) nearby locations:

9700 De Soto Ave.                                                     16300 Roscoe Blvd. Suite 1-A
Chatsworth, CA 91311                                               Van Nuys, CA 91406
Business Hours: 7AM to 12AM                                  Business Hours: 24 hours/ 7days
Phone: (818) 882-8100                                             Phone: (818) 893-4426

 “Kaiser On The Job" (KOJ) has 2 locations for Kaiser and non Kaiser members:

Woodland Hills Medical Center                               Panorama City Medical Center
5601 De Soto Ave.                                                      13652 Cantara St.

Woodland Hills, CA 91367                                         Panorama City, CA 91402
Northside MOB, Entrance #10, 1st floor                  North 2 bldg., 1st floor, room 156
Business Hours: 9AM to 5PM                                    Business Hours: 9Am to 5PM                                    
Phone: (818) 719-3006                                              Phone: (818) 375-2233

There are more locations of both Concentra & Kaiser On The Job that may be utilized. Contact Karyn Coté x3351 for locations.

As a reminder regarding transportation to/from clinics:

        • True emergency – Dial 911 – Ambulance to transport to nearest hospital,
        • Injured Employee drives their own car to clinic,
        • Injured employee w/out car may take taxi, UBER, Lyft etc.  Keep receipt and Sedgwick will reimburse,
        • ONLY as a last resort – An MPP may drive injured worker to clinic

(If you already have a  Personal Physician Designation form, on file in Human Resources, you may seek treatment with that doctor.)

  1. If Treatment Beyond First Aid is Needed, You Must Complete the Employee's Claim for Workers' Compensation :  The supervisor will provide this form within one working day of learning about the injury or illness. This is required to request workers' compensation benefits. Fill out and sign the employee portion of the claim form. Describe the injury completely. Include every part of the body affected by the injury. Give the form to your supervisor to complete the employer portion. Forward the completed form to the CSUN Workers’ Compensation Specialist, Karyn Coté. You have now "filed" a claim.  Click here for Human Resources Workers' Compensation Employee & Supervisor Injury Information

4.  Participate With The Accident Investigation. The cause of your injury or illness needs to be determined by a thorough investigation by your supervisor and Environmental Health and Safety using the Supervisor Accident/Incident Investigation Form . The purpose of this investigation is to identify and locate accident causes and not to place blame. Accident investigation can uncover hazardous equipment or materials and helps the supervisor make engineering or work practices changes. Click here for guidance with completing the Supervisor Accident/Incident Investigation form.


For questions, concerns or help please contact:

Environmental Health & Safety at 818.677.2401