Purpose - Educating Hispanic Students Project
This project has been federally funded. The purpose of this project is to promote post-baccalaureate education opportunities for Hispanic American students.
The project goals are to
- Prepare Hispanic teachers for State Certification in multiple and single subject credential programs.
- Prepare Hispanic teachers for an M.A. in Education with emphasis in Multicultural and Multilingual Education.
- Enhance the use of instructional technology (computer skills) of project participants.
- Improve and expand the University's instructional programs.
- Educate all project students (credential and Master's Degree students) in conducting multicultural education.
- Provide regular and timely academic advisement and support to all project students in teaching credential programs and Master's Degree programs.
- Test Preparation Workshops are offered for the California Basic Educational Skills Test for Teachers (CBEST), California Subject Matter Examination for Teachers (CSET), and Reading Instruction Competency Assessment (RICA).
- Classes are offered at various locations and times to accommodate working students.
- Math and English tutors provide assistance to project students to pass CBEST and CSET
- Workshops are also offered to prepare candidates for RICA.
- Enrichment workshops on the use of instructional technology and multicultural education are offered.
- Financial support is provided to project students to alleviate some of their financial barriers.