The primary mission of the Black Male Initiative Organization is to:
- Empower minority men to achieve academic success at CSUN.
- Character building and development toward enabling a strong sense of manhood.
- Develop methods and provide means for building a sense of brotherhood and a membership network to increase academic self-esteem of minority men.
- Emphasize academic, social and character support for CSUN minority male students throughout their college experience.
- Develop an interdisciplinary mentorship network of faculty/staff/administrators and students to facilitate minority male student graduations.