This list is compiled by the DREAM Center at CSU Northridge. The information below is geared towards the undocumented and immigrant community in Los Angeles.
If you are looking for resources: take the time to carefully look through all the links that may benefit you. In particular, the links under and “Undocu-Specific COVID-19 Resources” and “Additional Community Resource Lists” contain information on local efforts regarding food access, childcare, relief funds, etc.
If you are looking to share resources: please email us at email@example.com with links that provide information on how individuals can access said resources.
Undocu-Specific COVID-19 Resources
Please note what is available for DACA recipients and non-DACA individuals.
- Tangible Support for Undocumented Communities During COVID-19 by Immigrants Rising
Includes resources on healthcare access, free/low cost services, workers’ rights, support for freelancers, etc.
- COVID-19 Info & Resources for Immigrant and Refugee Angelenos by LA Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
Includes information on food access for different age groups, public charge, healthcare access, educational resources, payment extensions for utilities, workers rights, consumers rights, immigrant rights, homelessness/housing, and businesses.
- COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Californians by California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance (CIYJA) in ENGLISH & SPANISH
- Resources for Immigrants During the Coronavirus Crisis in ENGLISH by Informed Immigrant
- Recursos Para La Comunidad Imigrante Durante el Coronavirus in SPANISH by Informed Immigrant
- COVID-19 Resource Guide for Immigrants in California by California Immigrant Policy Center (CIPC)
Includes information on healthcare access in different languages, economic resources, and immigration enforcement
- COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Communities (Nationwide List)
- Immigrant Justice Skill-Share (Nationwide List)
Includes list on COVID-19 resources in 57 different languages, current advocacy efforts, updates with immigration court, reporting hate crimes & racism, etc.
- Helping Immigrant Communities List by Jose Antonio Vargas
Includes information on relief funds, specific to regions and immigrant communities
- Beyond DACA by Immigrants Rising
Includes information on what to do while the Supreme Court is making the decision regarding the future of DACA
Relief Funds & Fubabcuak Syooirt
- Disaster Relief Assistance for Immigrants by CA Department of Social Services
Specific organizations for specific regions
- CA Immigrant Resilience Fund
- RELIEF FUNDS for Undocumented Workers in California — double check service area
- Apply for Undocumented RELIEF FUND in ENGLISH & SPANISH by Betancourt Macias Family Scholarship Foundation
- Techqueria UndocuFund
- #RentRelief for Immigrants — Microgrants to help undocumented & mixed-status families pay for rent
- Undocu-Friendly Care Centers by United We Dream
Includes information on healthcare access nationwide
- Immigration Legal Directory — to find service providers in your area
- List of Immigration Services by CA Department of Social Services — to find service providers in your area
Policy Information & Updates
- FAQs for Resources & Services for the Immigrant Community by CA Community Colleges
- CHIRLA COVID-19 Page in SPANISH and ENGLISH (Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights)
- Immigration-Related COVID-19 Updates by Lal Legal
- DACA & USCIS
- UPDATE 4/3/20: DACA Updates by National Immigration Law Center (NILC)
- UPDATE 3/30/20: USCIS will reuse previous biometrics for appointments scheduled after March 18th closure — consult with a legal representative if this applies to you
- DACA Updates During Coronavirus Crisis by Informed Immigrant in ENGLISH and SPANISH
- 5 Things You Need To Know For USCIS Closure During COVID-19 by United We Dream in ENGLISH and SPANISH
- Public Charge & Benefits (including Healthcare, Stimulus Package, and Unemployment)
- Top 5 Things You Need To Know About the COVID-19 Stimulus Package by United We Dream
- Your Rights When Accessing Healthcare (for undocumented communities) by Protecting Immigrant Families coalition
- Translations to other languages including Spanish, Tagalog, Chinese, Arabic, etc.
- COVID-19 and Public Charge by United We Dream in ENGLISH and SPANISH
- Updates on Access to Healthcare for Immigrants and Their Families by National Immigration Law Center
- CA Workers Regardless of Immigration Status Can Receive Assistance During COVID-19 — NBC article; only for individuals with work permits
CSUN Specific COVID-19 Resources
- Official CSUN COVID-19 Page
- EOP DREAM Center Hours & Services During COVID-19 Closure
- Matacare Grant — Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until May 6th. Applications will not be accepted during the summer.
- Device Loaner Program — UPDATE 3/30/20: Computer Labs Will Close
- Oviatt Library Resources for COVID-19
- Mental Health Services and Resources during COVID-19 State of Emergency by University Counseling Services (UCS)
- Klotz Student Health Center
- Oviatt Library Online Support
- CSUN With A Heart (please double check level of operation)
- Student Assistance Resources (please double check level of operation)
- Alternative Grading Options — Deadline is May 1, 2020
- Women’s Research and Resource Center Food Pantry — Must email firstname.lastname@example.org or DM @wrrc_csun on Instagram with items you are requesting
- COVID-19 Support for LGBTQ Students
- Virtual Events & Services by the University Student Union
Additional Community Resource Lists
Resource lists include information on food/grocery access, housing, transportation, childcare, LGBTQ+ friendly resources, healthcare, crowdfunding efforts, and more. Please review these carefully to find what will be helpful for you. Please note these lists are compiled by other community members.
- LA Community Resources Guide by the City of Los Angeles
- COVID-19 Los Angeles Community Resources - COMPREHENSIVE
- COVID-19 Mutual Aid Resource List (Los Angeles focus)
- Northeast LA/Mid-City/Koreatown List of Resources by amwa
- Community Care for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs)
Includes resources in AAPI Languages
- Database of Localized COVID-19 Outbreak
Includes mutual aid response, relief funds, and support for specific communities: elder, healthcare workers, LGBTQ+, youth, etc.
- COVID-19 Resources (Orange County Focus) by Viet-Rainbow of Orange County
- COVID-19 Resources for Social Workers and Therapists
- Workers Resources for COVID-19 by Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance
Check links under “Undocu-Specific COVID-19 Resources” and “Additional Community Resource Lists” for more relief funds.
- Apply for $200 in Relief Funds by Scholly
- Crisis Response Guide for the Financially Vulnerable by LA Forward
A list of emergency grants, relief funds, housing, and other resources in the LA Area.
- Another Round, Another Rally — For workers in the hospitality industry, dishwasher, bartender, server, busser, chef, cook, sommelier, manager, host, concierge, cleaning staff, or bar
- Southern Smoke Emergency Relief Program — For employees in restaurants or bars
- CA College Student Emergency Fund by Mission Asset Fund
- Field of Vision Relief Fund for documentary filmmakers, open to non-US citizens
- POV Emergency Fund for filmmakers, no citizenship required
- Women’s Center for Creative Work Emergency Health Grant for low-income artists who identify as a woman, trans/nonbinary, and/or as a person of color living in the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, or San Bernardino
- Artist Relief Fund for artists who can provide an SSN or ITIN
- Mutual Aid Funds for Marginalized Communities (double-check for eligibility)
Mental Health & Wellness Resources (non-CSUN)
Resources for Workers and Employers
- COVID-19 Resources and Benefits by CA Employment Development Department
DACA recipients can apply for unemployment assistance without being penalized under the Public Charge rule. More information can be found under the section “Undocu-Specific COVID-19 Resources”
- COVID-19 Resources for Workers and Employers by CA Labor & Workforce Development Agency
Food Access (non-CSUN)
More local resources can be found under “Additional Community Resource Lists”.
- Resources for Families
Includes information on online learning platforms and food centers
Rent Strike Advisement
Includes information on eviction defense, local tenants unions, and letter templates
- COVID-19 Rent Moratorium Landlord Notification Letter Generator by California Partnership
- Letter Template to Request Landlord a Deferral of Rent Payment (English)
- Letter Templates to Request Rent Payment Plan, Suspension, or Reduction (English)
- Coronavirus Support Network
Resources in English, Spanish, and Portuguese
- How To Make Your Own Mask
- Herbal Guide to Support Your Health
- LA County Library COVID-19 Updates
- LA Department of Water & Power (LADWP) Offers Bill Extensions, Payment Plans, etc.
- SoCal Gas Bill Payment Options During COVID-19
- Comcast — Low Cost Internet
- How To Convince Your Parents That COVID-19 Is A Big Deal by United We Dream
- Charter Communications Free Wi-Fi
City of Los Angeles and State of California COVID-19
- City of Los Angeles Official COVID-19 Website
- California Department of Health COVID-19 Page
- Moratorium on Parking Tickets in Los Angeles (article by LAist)
- List of Updates & Resources in California by California State Association of Counties
- California Community Colleges COVID-19 Page
- What You Need To Know In LA — LA Times article