ADVANCING DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION FOR ALL
Ranked second in the nation for its diverse learning environment by the Wall Street Journal, CSUN is driven by the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. The university is fervently committed to creating a community built on a rich and robust diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, beliefs and experiences.
STANDARDS OF EXCELLENCE
CSUN’s Seven Standards of Excellence promote:
- the engagement, development and equitable treatment of all people,
- demonstrate awareness of and respect for individual differences,
- and support fair treatment and opportunity for all.
CAMPUS ACTION PLAN
The cross-divisional Campus Action Plan for Improving Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Black Students, Faculty and Staff addresses university goals including:
- increasing the recruitment, retention and graduation rates of Black students;
- increasing faculty and staff diversity;
- providing funding for impactful diversity initiatives and more.
CSUN ranks fifth nationally in awarding bachelor’s degrees to underrepresented minority students and second in the U.S. in awarding bachelor’s degrees to Latinos.
Find research and data related to:
- equity, diversity and inclusion
- gender and racial/ethnic composition,
- graduation and retention rates
- demographics of students, faculty and staff.