Dr. Kristine Beck, Assistant Professor -Department of Finance, Financial Planning, and Insurance; Program Director, Sequence in Personal Financial Planning
Dr. Inga Chira, Assistant Professor - Department of Finance, Financial Planning, and Insurance; Assoc. Program Director, Sequence in Personal Financial Planning
In today’s uncertain economic climate, it is more important than ever that employees understand the importance of investments beyond the State’s Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). These investments can include plans sponsored by the University as well as privately sponsored strategies.
Join faculty from our Department of Finance, Financial Planning, and Insurance – with unbiased, expert knowledge - to discuss and learn about annuities and mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, and similar investment opportunities that can be confusing to us all. With this workshop, you will:
- Learn about different strategies for successfully meeting your long run financial goals
- Gain an understanding of investing, and how much to invest, and
- Understand the crucial role of budget planning and savings as fundamental elements in helping you reach your financial goals.
Faculty & Staff - Register for this session in Three Easy Steps:
- Visit CSUN's Employee Learning & Training site via the myNorthridge Portal: https://ds.calstate.edu/?svc=skillsoft&org=csun;
- Select the "Instructor Led Training Sessions" link under Upcoming Events, and scroll until you find the name and date of the program;
- Select "Actions," and select "Enroll in this Session."
Shortly after you successfully enroll, you’ll receive an email notification. If you click on the calendar icon in the message, your outlook calendar will open allowing you to place the item as an appointment on your calendar.
If you require an accommodation to attend this program, please contact the Human Resources at x 6566 at least 7 business days in advance of the program.
If you are interested in attending this session but unable to because of a conflict in when it is being offered; or have a topic for a suggested workshop or training, please let us know by accessing and completing this FORM.
Return to CSUN's Professional & Personal Development Training Calendar at: http://www.csun.edu/development/training.