How to upload a photo for your CSUN student ID card
Follow these steps to upload a photo for your CSUN student ID card and then receive your card by mail:
- Pay for your CSUN student ID card online through CSUN Student Portal one of two ways:
- Log in and navigate to Student Services> My Finances>My Accounts>Purchase CSUN Photo ID Online
- Or navigate to Student Services>SOLAR Student Center>Purchase a Photo ID
- Within 2 business days,* you’ll receive an invitation to your CSUN email address with instructions for uploading your ID photo. We'll also ask you to upload another form of identification right after, so be sure to have that ready.
- Please upload a color photo of yourself that is a full-face view, directly facing the camera. Use a flat, light background. Do not wear a hat or head/face covering that obscures the hair or hairline unless worn daily for religious purposes. Glasses are OK.
STUDENT ID GUIDELINES
- Once the ID photo you took is approved, usually within 1 business day,* the Office of the Registrar will mail your CSUN student ID card to your home address on file with CSUN via first-class mail.
To verify or update your mailing address, log in to myNorthridge Portal. Need help? Check out the Update Personal Information how-to-guide.
- Please allow 7-10 business days for delivery.*
*Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding weekends and campus holidays/closures.