Student Jobs and Internships
Student Retention Initiatives Assistant and Student Diversity Initiatives Assistant - University Student Union - Deadline: May 11, 2018
The University Student Union Diversity & Inclusion Department at CSUN is now hiring for two positions, Student Retention Initiatives Assistant and Student Diversity Initiatives Assistant.
These are student assistant employee positions. Apply today to join our team or share this opportunity with a friend with a passion for diversity and inclusion. Application, resume and cover letter are due by Friday, May 11.
Apply today at: https://www.csun.edu/usu/jobs
Peer Advisor Mentor - EOP Trio Student Support Services Program - Deadline: May 31, 2018, 4PM
EOP/TRIO Student Support Services Program Peer Advisor Mentor
Position: Peer Advisor Mentor: Under the direction of the Director and/or Advisor, the Peer Advisor Mentor maintains contact with and provides direct services to students participating in the EOP/TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) Program. Must have demonstrated experience working with multi-cultural/ multi-ethnic populations; students that are traditionally under-represented, underprepared, low income, and first generation college students. Direct experience working with Educational Opportunity Program and/or TRIO Programs is highly desirable.
Description: The TRIO Student Support Services Program is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. The program works with first generation students from low income communities and with students with disabilities. The program provides services such as academic and personal advisement, career counseling, financial literacy, graduate school information as well as cultural and educational enhancement events.
Salary: $13.25 per hour
Position requires a minimum of 15 hours per week – some weekend and evening hours required.
Term: Fall 2018 – Spring 2019
Submit Application, Letter of Recommendation and Current Resume to:
Frank Muniz, Director
EOP/TRIO Student Support Services Program
Bayramian Hall 220 (BH 220)
All applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 31 , 2018
Application must include a letter of recommendation and current resume.
Qualified applicants will be invited to an interview EOP/TRIO Student Support Services Program
• Must be an enrolled CSUN student
• EOP/TRIO students preferred
• Must have completed a minimum of 45 units of undergraduate work
• Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA
• Knowledge of Microsoft office
• Previous experience, education or specialized skills may be required
• Must be trustworthy and reliable in handling confidential information
• Must maintain good attendance and be punctual
• Must have ability to communicate effectively, positively and clearly
• Must have critical thinking skills
• Must be sensitive to social, cultural and educational conditions affecting a diverse student population
• Must have the ability to interrelate well with others
• Must possess good interpersonal, oral and writing skills
• Must have the ability to work independently and as a team member
• Under general supervision Peer Advisor Mentor works closely with Professional staff to assist with facilitating program services for new and continuing TRIO/SSS students
• Peer Advisor Mentors provide academic and personal advisement, career counseling, financial literacy, and graduate school information
• Peer Advisor Mentors attend and provide assistance on Educational and Cultural Enhancement field trips
• Peer Advisor Mentors assist the professional staff with the organizing and staffing of special events, workshops, campus tours, etc.
• Must develop a mentoring relationship with program students
• Must document services provided using the Blumen Data Base
• Must attend all training sessions and staff activities/meetings
• Must consult with professional staff regarding any specific needs of students
• Must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times
• Peer Advisor mentors shall consider all information regarding students as confidential and will share information only with appropriate TRIO/SSS staff
Student Athletic Equipment Assistant - CSUN Athletics Equipment - Deadline: May 30, 2018
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Area: Athletic Equipment
Title: Student Athletic Equipment Assistant
Position: Work-Study/Student Assistant (Fall Semester)
Hours: 15-20 hrs/week
Salary: $11.50 per hr
Contact: Head Athletic Equipment Manager - Izzy Gold
Paperwork: Resume & Cover Letter must be submitted via email (no phone calls)
Date Due: Please submit all paperwork by May 30, 2018
The work study/equipment assistant will assist the Head Athletic Equipment Manager with the overall operation of a Division I equipment room, which supports 8 men’s and 11 women’s sports. The work study/equipment assistant will assist with issuing locks and lockers to student athletes. Assist with checking in of all good and surplus items for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. Inventory of all items such as uniforms, practice gear, footwear, travel sweats, bags and all misc items. Assist the Equipment Manager with laundering of uniforms, practice gear, game towels, shower towels and floor towels. Assist with the collection, distribution of all uniforms and gear from team locker rooms, and set up of locker rooms for home games. Assist with packing of travel bags for all away games and other duties as assigned.
Must be a full-time student enrolled in at least 12 units. Have federal work study through the office of financial aid or be enrolled as a full time student at CSUN. Have at least some knowledge of sports and athletics. Be able to compare numbers and names at a fast pace. Have knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher and other computer software. Have a basic knowledge of sewing by hand, and have good hand eye coordination.
CSUN Athletics Student Job Opportunities - Several deadlines available
Review full listing of student job opportunities by visiting: http://gomatadors.com/sports/2015/6/22/GEN_20140101208.aspx
Student Assistant Position - David Nazarian College of Business and Economics Student Services Center/ EOP
The David Nazarian College of Business and Economics - Student Services Center/ EOP Office is currently looking for a student assistant. Interested applicants please pick up an application at Bookstein Hall (BB) 2113 (Formerly Juniper Hall) or email LaVerne Hendrick directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide resume.
David Nazarian College of Business and Economics
Student Services Center/EOP
Bookstein Hall (BB) 2113 (Formerly Juniper Hall)
The Ralph M. Parsons Foundation - Administrative Assistant - Deadline June 1, 2018
- Screening of incoming telephone calls, referring as appropriate to other staff members; greeting and welcoming guests to the Foundation; and assisting with hospitality duties.
- Scheduling of appointments; coordinating meeting logistics and conference registrations; and maintaining individual staff calendars, including the community calendar.
- Preparing and processing correspondence, ensuring documents are of high-quality; coordination of document signing, and filing of documents.
- Assists with booking travel arrangements and organizing itineraries.
- Monitors office supply inventory and re-stocks purchases.
- Assists the Senior Accountant with basic bookkeeping activities, such as organizing and preparing accounts payable, grant payments, and reimbursements for payment processing.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Responsible for the coordination of the Foundation’s filing systems, such as accounts payable, compliance, contractors, custodial accounts, grants, taxes, and vendors.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director, Finance & Administration.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and possesses a warm and welcoming countenance.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with a strong customer service orientation, and desire to work in a collegial, team-orientated environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Possesses a high level of speed and accuracy in word-processing and is skilled with complex document formatting.
- Data entry experience, ideally with GIFTSOnline and QuickBooks.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties; must work well under pressure, balance multiple and competing demands, meet deadlines, and follow tasks through to completion.
- A desire to learn about the Foundation’s work.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in a field related to the work of the Foundation.
- Two years of administrative support experience in a multi-task, deadline-oriented environment, preferably in a grantmaking, nonprofit or related field.
- Must possess valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance as required by the state of California.
- Collegiality and flexibility to work in a shared office space.
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
Please send cover letter and resume by email with the subject line “Administrative Assistant Position” to Thomas Brewer at the following address: . No phone calls to the Foundation, please. Applications must be received by no later than June 1, 2018.
The Ralph M. Parsons Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.