In order to ensure adequate seating for all, guests of graduates will be required to possess a ticket in order to gain admittance to the Oviatt Library Lawn venue. An email will be sent to all eligible graduates with specific instructions on how to access their ticket account and print their guest tickets around the second week of March.
If you have questions pertaining to ceremony tickets, contact the Office of Student Involvement and Development at (818) 677-2393 or email us at
- All guests will be required to possess a ticket in order to gain admittance into the Oviatt Library lawn venue. Graduates themselves do not need a ticket for admittance to the ceremony at which their degree is being conferred. Children must have a ticket unless seated in an adult's lap throughout the ceremony.
- An email will be sent to all eligible graduates' CSUN email with specific instructions on how to access their ticket account and print their guest tickets.
- Students will be able to print their guest tickets and request additional ticket through their ticket account until the deadline*.
- Tickets will be free of charge and will be scanned at entry of the commencement ceremony site.
- Students are responsible to print and distribute tickets to their guests prior to the commencement ceremony.
- Guest tickets must be printed by the deadline*.
- Students should only print tickets that will be used by guests.
- Tickets that are not requested will be available to graduates who are in need of additional tickets to accommodate their guests.
- Graduates (and participating faculty) will not need a ticket for admittance to the ceremony at which their degrees are being conferred.
- If students misplace their tickets they can be reprinted, which will void out their misplaced tickets. This function can be found on the student ticketing account.
- Tickets printed by the official deadline* will remain on a student's ticket account and can be reprinted if they are misplaced. If reprinted, the misplaced ticket will become void and cannot be utilized.
*The deadline to claim and print your tickets is April 13th, 2018.
“Ticket Printing At-a-Glance”
After reviewing your commencement ticket email and clicking the link to access/print your commencement tickets please do the following:
- Select “Forgot Your Password?”
- Type in your CSUN email address and email the link to yourself.
- Create new Password only using letters and numbers (no special characters) and successfully login to your account
- Select 'Manage My Tickets'
- Select your ceremony
- Select 'Print at home' on the left hand side
- Select seats that you wish to print.
- Once satisfied, click 'continue' to proceed into the print process.
On the confirmation page, click the 'print' button. Your tickets will open as a PDF file and may be printed on any standard printer. All you need is Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher (free).
Note: Once you click the 'print' button, the downloaded tickets will be required for entry to the event. You cannot use any tickets that may have been previously issued or printed.
Video of Ticketing Tutorial - Click here
Please note that this account is not linked to your portal password. It is necessary that you click forgot my password when logging in for the first time.
Requesting Additional Tickets
"Requesting Additional Tickets At-a-Glance"
After reviewing your commencement ticket email and successfully printing your tickets, please do the following to request additional tickets.
- Click the “View All Quick Links” drop down menu on the left side of the home screen
- Click “View/Edit Settings”
- Click “Request additional Commencement Tickets”
- Select the amount of additional tickets desired.
Requesting Additional Tickets Tutorial - Click Here
Please note that if additional tickets are awarded, students will be emailed around the first week of May.
Appeal to participate at Commencement
If you have missed the deadline and are interested in requesting tickets to a ceremony, you will file an appeal here: http://www.csun.edu/commencement/commencement-participation-appeals