In order to ensure adequate seating for all, guests of graduates will be required to possess a ticket to gain admittance to the Oviatt Library Lawn venue. An email will be sent to all eligible graduates with specific instructions on how to access their ticket account and print their guest tickets around the second week of March.
If you have questions pertaining to ceremony tickets, contact the Office of Student Involvement and Development at (818) 677-2393 or email us at
- All guests will be required to possess a ticket in order to gain admittance into the Oviatt Library lawn venue. Children must have a ticket unless seated in an adult's lap throughout the ceremony.
- Graduates (and participating faculty) will not need a ticket for admittance to the ceremony at which their degrees are being conferred
- An email will be sent to all eligible graduates' CSUN email with specific instructions on how to access their ticket account and print their guest tickets.
- Students will be able to print their guest tickets and request additional ticket through their ticket account until the deadline*.
- Tickets will be free of charge and will be scanned at entry of the commencement ceremony site.
- Students are responsible to print and distribute tickets to their guests prior to the commencement ceremony.
- Guest tickets must be printed by the deadline*.
- Students should only print tickets that will be used by guests.
- Tickets that are not printed by the deadline* will be reclaimed by OSID and made available to graduates who are in need of additional tickets to accommodate their guests.
- Tickets printed by the official deadline* will remain on a student's ticket account and can be reprinted if they are misplaced. If reprinted, the misplaced ticket will become void and cannot be utilized. This function can be found on the student ticketing account.
*The deadline to claim and print your tickets is April 10th, 2020.
After reviewing your commencement ticket email and clicking the link to access/print your commencement tickets please do the following:
- Click here for the link to print out your guest tickets - CSUN Ticketmaster
- Select “Forgot Your Password?”
- Type in your CSUN email address and email the link to yourself.
- Create new Password only using letters and numbers (no special characters) and successfully login to your account
- Select 'Manage My Tickets'
- Select your ceremony
- Select 'Print at home' on the left hand side
- Select the amount of tickets that you wish to print.
- Once satisfied, click 'continue' to proceed into the print process.
On the confirmation page, click the 'print' button. Your tickets will open as a PDF file and may be printed on any standard printer. All you need is Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher (free).
Note: Once you click the 'print' button, the downloaded tickets will be required for entry to the event. You cannot use any tickets that may have been previously issued or printed.
Video of Ticketing Tutorial - Click here
Ticketing Tutorial PDF - Click Here
Please note that this account is not linked to your portal password. It is necessary that you click forgot my password when logging in for the first time.
Requesting Additional Tickets
The opportunity to request additional tickets to the 2019 Commencement Ceremonies has now closed.
If you requested additional tickets for the 2019 ceremonies, an email will be sent out in late April informing you if you have received them or not.
In addition to requesting additional tickets, we suggest communicating with your fellow classmates to see if they may have any extra tickets to help you out. Just make sure that they are a trusted peer and that their ticket is to your ceremony, as they are ceremony specific.
At the ceremony site there will be a live telecast room with live captioning at the Bianchi Planetarium (Citrus Hall) and Nobbs Auditorium (Sequoia Hall) for those guests who do not have tickets. Each ceremony will be streaming live online so that family and friends who are unable to attend your ceremony can celebrate with you as you walk across that stage. Be sure to check out the Commencement website as we move closer to your ceremony for a “LIVE Feed” icon.