Student Speaker for the Commencement Ceremonies
Thank you for your interest in being a student speaker at the Virtual Commencement ceremonies.
CSUN invites students from the graduating class to apply to be the student commencement speaker. It is a distinguished honor to be selected to present a commencement speech—to share your experience, inspire your fellow graduates, and encourage excitement about their future adventures.
Student speeches would be prerecorded and shown during the College Based Commencement ceremony. They speeaches are to be no longer than two minutes in length.
Student Speaker Criteria:
- Filed an application to graduate for either the 2019-2020 academic year or the 2020-2021 academic year
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- In good standing with the University
- Plan to attend and participate in Commencement Exercises, including all rehearsals leading up to the event
- Embodies the spirit of the graduating class and represents CSUN
- Possesses strong public speaking skills
Student speakers will be asked to work with a coach in the weeks leading up to commencement to ensure their preparation. Selected students may be asked to refine their speech and practice their delivery in accordance with the Committee’s guidance. Students will be selected by a committee from each college and all applicants will be notified by April 5th of their status in the process.
Applications are due Friday, April 2nd by 5pm