Thank you for your interest in being a student speaker at the 2018 Commencement ceremonies.
CSUN invites students from the graduating class to apply to be the student commencement speaker. It is a distinguished honor to be selected to present a commencement speech—to share your experience, inspire your fellow graduates, and encourage excitement about their future adventures.
Student speeches would be given at the beginning of the Commencement ceremony and are no longer than two minutes in length.
Student Speaker Criteria:
- Filed an application to graduate for either Fall 2017, Spring 2018, or Summer 2018
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- In good standing with the University
- Plan to attend and participate in Commencement Exercises, including all rehearsals leading up to the event
- Embodies the spirit of the graduating class and represents CSUN
- Possesses strong public speaking skills
Student speakers will be asked to work with a coach in the weeks leading up to commencement to ensure their preparation. Selected students may be asked to refine their speech and practice their delivery in accordance with the Committee’s guidance. Students will be selected by a committee from each college and all applicants will be notified by April 6th of their status in the process.
Applications are due Friday, March 23rd by 5pm