Many are wondering what to do next as it relates to many of your commencement related plans. While it’s still too early to have any formal plans at this time, we realize that there are some pending items that you are concerned about, so we have created this web page to provide you updates on information we have at this time. Our campus partner Herff Jones, who supplies our commencement regalia among other things, may have connected with you already but please look below to see how what your options are at this time.
Should you have additional questions that have yet to get answered, please send us an email directly at email@example.com.
The CSUN Campus Store partners with Herff Jones to create personalized announcements. These are customized with student name and degree, as well as the ceremony date/time/place. In many instances, students have already mailed these announcements. Announcements are not intended to be an invitation to the ceremony, but an acknowledgement of student achievement.
If you have purchased announcements and requesting a refund, please call Herff Jones at 1-800-837-4235 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructions will be provided on how to return the announcements and get refunded.
Pre-Purchased Regalia (Cap, Gown, Tassel)
The CSUN Campus Store partners with Herff Jones to produce CSUN's commencement regalia.
Those who have already pre-purchased their commencement regalia, please consider the three options below:
- If you would like your items now, your rental gown (and hood, if applicable), cap and tassel can be shipped to your home for your personal celebration or for the virtual conferring of degrees. Please visit herffjones.com/homedelivery to have these items shipped to you.
- Rental gowns and hoods will need to be returned to Herff Jones one week following the yet-to-be-scheduled physical ceremony date. So, you can retain your regalia to use at the physical ceremony or return it to us following your personal celebration. You may keep your cap and tassel as a souvenir!
- If you would like to cancel your reservation and receive a refund, please visit herffjones.com/collegereturns
- Please allow 20-25 days for the refund to be processed back to your credit card.
- The return process will indicate you need to print the form and include it in your return shipment, but since you have not received your order, Herff Jones will know that and process the refund. Please disregard this instruction.
- If you choose to participate in the yet-to-be-determined physical ceremony, there will be a distribution at the CSUN Campus Store approximately one week prior to the new date where you can rent and pick-up your regalia at the same time.
- If you would like to hold your reservation for use at the yet-to-be-scheduled physical ceremony date, then there is no need to do anything. We will retain your information so you can pick up your regalia at the bookstore the week prior to the physical ceremony date.
Sashes purchased from the CSUN Campus Store are returnable if they are in their original packaging. Since the CSUN Camps Store is closed to the public at this time there are a few options to consider:
- HOLD: Await for the CSUN Campus Store to reopen and make the return at that time
- MAIL to CSUN CAMPUS STORE: Mail in your sash to the address listed below. You may wish to send mail the sash with a tracking number to reduce the possibility of your sash getting lost in the mail. You can call the CSUN Campus Store for more information at (818) 677-2932.
18111 NORDHOFF ST
- MAIL TO HERFF JONES: If a student desires to return their non-custom sash and it was purchased through the Herff Jones website, they should call Herff Jones at 1-800-837-4235 or email at email@example.com. The sash will need to be shipped back to Herff Jones. Upon receipt of the return, a refund will be issued. Due to the volume of returns, this process may take some time for the credit to be issued once the return has been received.
While this office oversees specifics as they relate to the commencement ceremonies, it is Admissions & Records who coordinates the distribution/mailing of a graduates diploma.
After all students' university grades are submitted for the semester or term of your planned graduation, A&R will begin reviewing all degree candidates’ academic records. Because of the time required for "end of term" processing (including repeat action, GPA calculation, and academic status) and the volume of degree applicants, the degree awarding process may take 3 to 5 weeks after the end of the term or semester.
After the degree is granted, the diploma will be mailed to the address on record within 4 to 6 weeks. To ensure receipt, confirm and update your address online now: Log into my Northridge and select Home tab > Quick Links box > SOLAR Student Center > Personal Information section. There you can specify a diploma mailing address. Helpful: Update Personal Information
Diploma Cover and Honors Convocation Medallion
We will still be holding on to the diploma covers for now. Once we have more word on when we be able to have the ceremony, we will connect with you. If for whatever reason the ceremony gets cancelled, then we will be sure to connect with you to let you know how you can get your diploma cover and/or Honors Convocation Medallion.