The General Call for Papers for the 33rd CSUN Assistive Technology Conference will open Thursday, September 14, 2017 and conclude on Tuesday, October 3, 2017.
The 33rd CSUN Assistive Technology Conference will be held March 19, 2018 to March 23, 2018 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, Ca.
- General Call for Papers opens
- Thursday, September 14, 2017
- General Call for Papers closes
- Tuesday, October 3, 2017
- Notification of acceptance
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Speaker registration opens
- Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- Speaker registration closes
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- Late Speaker registration opens
- Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Late Speaker registration closes
- Tuesday, December 19, 2017
- Conference presentations
- March 21-23, 2018
Conditions of Presentation
It is understood that these conditions apply to each and every speaker, including exhibitors who are making presentations.
- Deadline for submission is Tuesday, October 3, 2017.
- General Session presentations are 40 minutes in length and are scheduled for Wednesday, March 21, Thursday, March 22, and Friday, March 23, 2018. By submitting a paper for consideration, the speaker(s) understand and agree that their paper may be scheduled at any time, on any of these days, at the discretion of the conference management.
- Each submission must be made with completion of the submission form and a complete extended abstract document. An incomplete submission will not be reviewed.
- Speakers agree that the Center on Disabilities at CSUN retains the right to any materials submitted. General Session presentations are not published in the Center on Disabilities’ Journal on Technology and Persons with Disabilities. No compensation is offered to speakers. Please note: Unauthorized recordings are not permitted in the General Session presentation rooms by speakers or attendees.
- Product giveaways are prohibited in the General Session presentation rooms. Presenters are advised that proposals consisting of product demonstrations are likely to be rejected unless they are participating as an Exhibitor.
- Speakers understand that in submitting a paper and indicating intent to present constitutes a commitment for participation and will be required to register for the conference. This applies to every speaker, including exhibitors who are making presentations. Every speaker pays the Speaker Registration Fee, a reduced conference registration fee, even if they are not attending the entire conference. Please note: the exhibitor complimentary registration cannot be applied to Speaker Registration.
- Due to the high number of paper submissions and scheduling issues, a speaker cannot be listed on more than three (3) submissions.
- Confirmation of the proposal acceptance/non-acceptance will be sent to each speaker no later than Tuesday, October 24, 2017.
- Confirmation of specific date, time, and room location will be sent to all accepted speakers no later than Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
- Speakers agree to notify the Center on Disabilities by Tuesday, December 19, 2017 of their participation by registering; or sending written notification by e-mail, fax, or mail.
- Speakers agree to notify the Center on Disabilities of any cancellations in writing by Tuesday, December 19, 2017. A $75.00 cancellation fee will be assessed. No refunds for Speaker Registration will be granted after Tuesday, December 19, 2017. Non-attendance does not constitute an official cancellation.
- Pre-Conference Workshops are not included in the Speaker Registration or Attendee Registration. Pre-Conference Workshops may be added for an additional fee.
- The official language of the conference is English. All informational material, publications, and presentations will be in English.
Journal Call for Papers
For detailed information about submitting a Journal Call for Papers Proposal, visit the Journal Call for Papers page.