Simplifying Accessibility with Find, Test and Fix
- The largest personal investment firm in the U.S. determined that it had established all the essential elements to make documents on its websites and internal file shares accessible. It had remediation through third parties and trained staff to remediate content, but it now needed a platform and a methodology to attack the problem that spanned dozens of properties. By breaking down the problem into discreet elements of Find, Test and Fix, and by implementing an automation platform, this firm is on its way to completely automating the way it makes hundreds of thousands of documents accessible per year. They had determined that it needed to automatically scan and test PDF files on public websites and in-house repositories; provide detail on compliance to WCAG 2.1 AA and the PDF/UA ISO Specification, and report results on an accessible web-based dashboard; and have the option of using a service-based approach or an in-house tools-based approach depending upon workload. The presentation will detail how a personal investment firm framed the problem, how it selected the best approach and partner and how the solution was ultimately implemented and any lessons learned.
- Information & Communications Technology
- Finance & Banking
- Media & Publishing
- Employment & Human Resources
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
- Acknowledging they need a methodology to attack the problem, the Personal Investment Firm made great strides making hundreds of thousands of documents accessible to people with disabilities. By distilling the process down to a model that Finds, Tests and Fixes files, they have vastly improved their content accessibility footprint.
- Session Type
- General Track
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML)
- Digital Accessibility
- Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- Product Demonstration
- Doug Koppenhofer