Improve Website Accessibility & Readability with ReachDeck
- Inclusive and accessible digital experiences are more important now than ever before. Sixty-one million adults in the US live with a disability and the average American reads to a 7th/8th-grade level. Are your digital platforms, content, campaigns, and social media posts easily accessed and understood by all? Or are you excluding vast portions of your online audience? Legally, all websites need to meet WCAG 2.0 or 2.1 guidelines. However, many website designers and content creators are not trained in these guidelines. Or if they are, managing large and complex websites and many communications channels is too large a job. ReachDeck, Texthelp’s newest tool, supports digital accessibility and inclusion efforts. ReachDeck’s three-pronged approach supports staff and website visitors, ensuring users can access and understand all web content. ReachDeck’s Auditor scans and identifies technical accessibility errors and sends prioritized reports on compliance with the law. It also provides a reading age and shows jargon words and long sentences, all of which impact reading and understanding effectively. ReachDeck’s Toolbar supports website visitors through text-to-speech, website simplifying, and translation. ReachDeck’s Editor tool improves the quality of written content by identifying grammar, spelling, and readability errors and suggesting improvements.
- Information & Communications Technology
- Media & Publishing
- Employment & Human Resources
- Administration & Business Support
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
- Inclusive and accessible digital experiences are more important now than ever. Sixty-one million adults in the US live with a disability and the average American reads to a 7th/8th-grade level. Find out how you can ensure your website, content, and social media are easily accessed and understood by all.
- Session Type
- General Track
- Cognitive & Learning Disabilities
- Law, Compliance, and Policy
- Leadership & Strategy
- Product Demonstration
- James Deignan