Quantifying Accessibility Success at VMware
- Date & Time
Friday, March 17, 2023 - 3:20 PM PST
Large organizations need to quickly and easily track accessibility across all products and services. How do you standardize and measure accessibility across an organization? What data links to WCAG can companies quantify? How can product owners easily understand which issues have the highest priority?
In February 2021, from what started as a response to product owners' frustrations, I created the VMware Accessibility Successes (VASes). Now, in 2023, this has proved to be a data-driven foundation for:
- creating a baseline for success measures aligning to WCAG 2.1.
- scoring metrics in line with existing ticketing workflow practices, allowing product managers to prioritize bugs easily and remediate products quickly.
- a product dashboard where senior leadership can track progress.
- creating a score that not only recognizes areas products can improve but also recognizes their success.
Join this exploration into how data-driven metrics were born at VMware and learn how you can use a similar approach for your organization.
- Information & Communications Technology
- Administration & Business Support
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
In this talk, I will motivate and demonstrate how attendees can create successful large-scale data-driven metrics based on WCAG Success Criterion across large organizations.
- Primary Topic
- Secondary Topics
Evaluation & Remediation
- Session Type
Add to Outlook/iCal (How it works)
Back to Session List