Free Open-Source Tool to Simplify PC or MAC and AT Use
- Date & Time
Tuesday, March 14, 2023 - 1:20 PM PST
Morphic is a new free open-source program for Windows and macOS that makes computers simpler and makes assistive technologies person needs more ubiquitous.
Morphic is a revolutionary development in two different ways.
1) First, Morphic make it much easier to discover and use the many built-in accessibility features in their computers. It also makes it much easier for them to move their settings between the different computer they need to use. This included the built-in accessibility features and any AT that is installed on computers at school, the library, etc. What used to be complicated and require going into and navigating the hierarchical settings panels – can now be done with a single click – from the desktop.
2) Secondly, Morphic allows anyone to create simple, custom MorphicBars for themselves or for family members, friends, or those they care for. These custom MorphicBars appear down the side of the screen and provide 1-click access to any program, website, or accessibility/usability feature on the computer.
This is especially helpful to those who struggle with computers or are unable to use them at all. Instead of having to figure out what "programs" are, or how to "launch" or "close" or "switch" between them, and or how to navigate "windows" that cover each other up, menus that need to be understood etc, – they can have a single row of buttons down the side of their screen that gives them access to all of the basic programs and functions they need.
- Higher Education
- Information & Communications Technology
- K-12 Education
- Employment & Human Resources
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
The NEW Morphic is a Free open-source program for Windows and macOS. It installs in seconds and provides 1-click access to key accessibility and other computer features for those who struggle with computers (from young to old).
- Primary Topic
- Secondary Topics
- Blind/Low Vision
- Captions & Transcription
- Independent Living
- Session Type
- Gregg Vanderheiden
Raising the Floor
Add to Outlook/iCal (How it works)
Back to Session List