Call for Pre-Conference Workshops
Call for Pre-Conference Workshop submissions opens Thursday, August 17 and concludes on Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 3:00 PM PDT.
The 39th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference will host pre-conference workshops intended to provide attendees in-depth skill-building tools on topics that offer career advancement and professional development.
These workshops are either half-day (3 hours) or full-day workshops (6 hours) and will take place on Monday, March 18, 2024 at the Anaheim Marriott.
All proposals must be submitted via the online form. Any inquiries regarding the pre-conference workshops can be directed to email@example.com or (818) 677-2578.
Pre-Conference Workshop Expectations
We offer a variety of workshops that are scheduled as either a half-day (3 hours) or a full-day workshop (6 hours). All workshops, regardless of length, should provide:
- An enhanced and in-depth exploration as opposed to a general overview
- Offer distinct learning objectives with gained practical knowledge
- Include an interactive learning experience
Workshops require advance sign-up and an additional fee from attendees, thus, it is our intention that the pre-conference workshops are appealing and worthwhile. Workshops are not intended to be about promotional marketing, selling or distribution of any product or service.
Unfortunately, we cannot support the resources required for offering a lab format, thus, any workshop with a lab will not be accepted. Instead, consider a "bring-your-own" device option.
Rooms are set up classroom style and include basic A/V equipment:
- Screen and projector
- Wired microphone and sound system
All professionals from a variety of backgrounds with expertise in a subject matter area are welcome to submit a proposal. Companies or representatives on behalf of an organization, company or product will not be accepted as a presenter for a pre-conference workshop
Half-day workshops have a maximum of two (2) presenters and up to three (3) for full-day workshops. All presenters are pre-determined, with no substitutions allowed.
By presenting a Pre-Conference Workshop for the CSUN Assistive Technology Conference, all pre-determined presenters will receive the following:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Complimentary hotel night(s):
- One-night hotel stay per presenter on half-day workshops; or
- Two-night stay per presenter on full-day workshops.
Pre-Conference Proposal Requirements
You are required to include the following information:
- Up to 2 presenters on half-day workshops and up to 3 on full-day workshops (later additions and substitutions prohibited)
- All presenter bios and contact information
- Half or full-day designation
- Program title
- 3 Learning objectives
- Program description (including summary, format and how objectives will be met)
- Audience type (beginner, intermediate or advanced)
Proposals will be reviewed based on how well they meet the following criteria:
- Addresses an innovative or new perspective in technology
- Offers beneficial strategies for effectively implementing assistive technology practices
- Incorporates interactive learning
- Demonstrates how learning objectives will be met
- Provides a diversity of learning modalities and styles
Pre-Conference Workshop Presenter Terms & Conditions
Presenters will be expected to adhere to the following rules and guidelines if selected:
- Presenters are expected to present the workshop as described and outlined in the proposal; unless otherwise determined by the Center on Disabilities.
- Presenters are to provide participants with fully accessible lecture formats and handouts and should the presenter(s) provide any materials, they are solely responsible for the duplication, shipment, receiving, on-site storage, and delivery to the meeting room. Handouts are informational pieces directly related to the presentation.
- Presenters are strictly prohibited from engaging in any type of promotional marketing, selling of any product(s) or service(s), promoting exhibit booth(s) or distributing any products/merchandise.
- Presenters shall not represent on behalf of any company, organization or product. The pre-conference agreement is between the Center on Disabilities and the presenter(s), not with any company, organization or product.
- Presenters are prohibited from making changes to the workshop's format and/or presenter after the proposal submission. Any changes must be requested and are at the discretion of the Center on Disabilities. The Center on Disabilities must be notified immediately in the event of an emergency preventing a presenter from meeting their obligation.
- All materials, workshop content and presentation must not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others, be factually accurate, and contains nothing libelous or otherwise unlawful. Presentations should be the presenters' own original work and any necessary permissions or licenses are obtained legally from any persons or organizations whose material is included or used in the presentation.
- Presenter compensation is only awarded to those presenters that present their workshop. Hotel accommodations must be arranged by each presenter and only at the Anaheim Marriott. Reservations are subject to a one-night deposit that will be credited to each presenter.
- Cancellation of attendance by presenters is subject to loss of conference registration and loss of hotel reservation deposit.
- The Center on Disabilities reserves the right to cancel the workshop, under extreme circumstances, and thus the presenter(s) forfeit their compensation.
The Call for Pre-Conference Workshop Proposals opens on Thursday, August 17, 2023 and concludes at 3:00 PM PDT on September 26, 2023.