37th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference Has Concluded
Inclusive Design and Cognitive Disability
- Date & Time
- Thursday, March 17, 2022 - 9:20 AM PST
- Platinum 7-8
This session explains the types of cognitive disability and their prevalence. A variety of goals and techniques are presented to help make your digital designs more inclusive and accessible particularly for users with a cognitive disability. Goals include helping users: find what they need; understand content, and maintain focus. Several other tips for cognitive accessibility will be provided.
Three takeaways that the audience will learn from from this session are, 1) types and prevalence of cognitive disabilities, 2) five goals for your user interface goals to help cognitive accessibility, and 3) several user interface design techniques for each goal.
This Presentation Link is provided by the Presenter(s) and not hosted by the Center on Disabilities at CSUN. The Center on Disabilities has confirmed, as of March 7, 2022, content linked is relevant to the presentation, but has not been reviewed for accessibility nor will the Center on Disabilities attempt to remediate any accessibility issues in the linked content. Please contact the Presenter(s) with any accessibility concerns.
- Higher Education
- Information & Communications Technology
- Media & Publishing
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
- This session explains types of cognitive disabilities and their prevalence. A variety of goals and techniques are presented to help make your digital designs more inclusive and accessible particularly for users with a cognitive disability. Goals discussed include helping users find what they need, understand content, and maintain focus.
- Session Type
- General Track
- Cognitive & Learning Disabilities
- Digital Accessibility
- Dennis Lembree