37th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference Has Concluded
Value-Driven Accessibility Implementation
- Date & Time
- Thursday, March 17, 2022 - 3:20 PM PST
- Grand GHJK
We have greatly improved accessibility design and development in the past few years at BECU, a not-for-profit financial institution (credit union). In this session, we reflect on our trajectory through the lens of our organization’s values, critically analyzing our steps and missteps along the way. During this conversational session, three team members from across BECU will discuss case studies that illustrate how indexing on our organization’s values drove positive change.
We will start by explaining the driving force behind our process of change. As a credit union, we strive to pursue accessibility work as it relates to our organization’s values. Our first and most important value, “Members First,” is reinforced in our UX Design principle, “BECU is for Everyone.” We will show how values and principles such as these show up in our work. Three areas we will address in the session are 1) Roles and shared responsibilities; 2) Learning and education; and 3) Design Toolkit.
In the session, we will explain our design documentation and our process for creating, reviewing and documenting best practices in design and accessibility. We will also discuss a strategy for sharing these components.
This Presentation Link is provided by the Presenter(s) and not hosted by the Center on Disabilities at CSUN. The Center on Disabilities has confirmed, as of March 14, 2022, content linked is relevant to the presentation, but has not been reviewed for accessibility nor will the Center on Disabilities attempt to remediate any accessibility issues in the linked content. Please contact the Presenter(s) with any accessibility concerns.
- Information & Communications Technology
- Finance & Banking
- Research & Development
- Employment & Human Resources
- Administration & Business Support
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
- In this session, we invite you to a critical conversation exploring real interdependencies between organizational values and accessibility work. You will learn actionable strategies to implement value-driven technical and strategic accessibility work in your organization.
- Session Type
- General Track
- Digital Accessibility
- Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- Leadership & Strategy
- Lucas Colusso
- Carolyn Chesler
- Karla Holman