37th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference Has Concluded
PDF/UA-2 - Everything You Need to Know
- Date & Time
- Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 3:20 PM PST
- Platinum 9-10
The ISO 14289-1, also known as PDF/UA, is an international standard for ensuring PDF files are accessible, was released back in 2012. The ISO has released the specifications for PDF 2.0 in 2017 and 2020 and now PDF/UA-2 is expected to be released in early 2022. There will be new PDF tags, changes to requirements for heading levels and additional new features. This session will discuss the upcoming changes and how to prepare for them.
This Presentation Link is provided by the Presenter(s) and not hosted by the Center on Disabilities at CSUN. The Center on Disabilities has confirmed, as of February 10, 2022, content linked is relevant to the presentation, but has not been reviewed for accessibility nor will the Center on Disabilities attempt to remediate any accessibility issues in the linked content. Please contact the Presenter(s) with any accessibility concerns.
- Higher Education
- Information & Communications Technology
- Finance & Banking
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
- The ISO is expected to release PDF/UA-2 in January of 2022. This presentation will discuss the upcoming changes to the accessibility standard and how to prepare for it.
- Session Type
- General Track
- Blind/Low Vision
- Emerging Technologies
- Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- Law, Compliance, and Policy
- Paul Rayius