36th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference Has Concluded
FAQ’s at the 36th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference
CONFERENCE INFORMATION & REGISTRATION
- When and how will the Conference take place?
- The 36th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference will take place March 6 to March 14, 2021 and will be an entirely virtual event.
- What time zone does the Conference take place?
- The CSUN AT Conference will take place during Pacific Standard Time.
- How can I register to attend?
- Attendee registration opened Tuesday, January 5th and concludes at 3:00 PM (PST) Friday, March 5, 2021. Please refer to Registration page for more information and to register.
- What are the registration rates and dates?
- Please refer to the Registration Fees page for rates and dates.
- Can I add a Pre-Conference Workshop to my registration and how do I go about it?
- You may only add Pre-Conference Workshops to your conference registration during the registration process for an additional fee. You are unable to add a Pre-Conference Workshop after you have completed your conference registration.
- Can I register to attend just one day of the Conference?
- There is no one-day conference registration option.
- Are there any discounts available for registration?
- There are no discounts available for the virtual conference, however all paid Attendees for the 2021 Conference will receive a 25% discount to be used towards Attendee Registration for the 2022 Conference. This discount cannot be combined with any other discount and can only be used for Attendee Registration for the 2022 Conference. The discount cannot be applied to Presenter, Exhibitor or Pre-Conference Workshop Registration.
- I am from outside the United States. Can I register for the Conference?
- Yes, international participants are welcome to register for the Conference.
- Are there CEUS's available?
- No, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will not be available for this year’s Conference.
- What is the cancellation policy for attendees?
- Cancellation requests for Conference registration and/or Pre-Conference Workshops must be made in writing and received by February 11, 2021. A $100 processing fee will be assessed. There will be no refunds after February 11, 2021. All no-shows will be charged the full amount. Please note: Administrative fee will be assessed for each registration in a group registration.
- When will the sessions be available for me to view?
- General, Exhibitor, and Journal Track sessions will premiere on a daily schedule during the Conference week.
- Will the sessions be live or can I view them on my own time?
- General, Exhibitor, and Journal Track sessions will be pre-recorded and available on-demand. Some sessions will be followed by live Q&A with the presenters and will premiere at designated times during the conference week. The Keynote Address and Featured Presentations will be live-streamed at a scheduled time. Visit the Conference Overview page for the schedule.
- How are the Pre-Conference Workshops being delivered?
- All Pre-Conference Workshops will be available via live webinar format and all registered participants must join them during their scheduled times. They will not be recorded for on-demand viewing. Visit the Pre-Conference Workshops page for the schedule.
- How long will the sessions be available for me to see?
- General, Exhibitor, and Journal Track Sessions will only be available for viewing on-demand from their premiere time to 5:00 PM (PDT) on Sunday, March 14, 2021.
- Will the sessions include closed captioning?
- Yes, all of the pre-recorded sessions will be captioned and all live events will have both live-captioning and ASL.
- Can I attend from a mobile device or tablet?
- Yes, the virtual conference website is accessible on any web-enabled devices including desktop computer, laptops, tablets and mobile devices.
- What specifications do I need to attend the conference?
- You only need to have a computer or web-enabled device with internet and a browser that can play streaming video. The recommended browser is Google Chrome for all devices. Should you want to attend using an iPhone, Safari is acceptable, however not optimal. If you have accessibility requirements, we assume your computer configuration has the tools available (screen reader, etc.) to interact with a website and streaming videos. The virtual conference website will be compatible with your device's accessibility features.
- How can I go about being an exhibitor at the conference?
- Information on Exhibiting can be found on the Opportunities page.
- Is there a fee to visit the Exhibit Hall and how do I register?
- The Exhibit Hall is open March 9 – March 13 and is free to the public. An Expo Visitor Pass is required for those not registered for the CSUN AT Conference. Expo Visitor Pass registration will open in mid-February 2021 and will run through March 13. One pass is good for every day the Exhibit Hall is open. Visit the Exhibit Hall page for more information and to register for an Expo Visitor Pass.
- I am registered for the Conference. Do I need an Expo Visitor Pass to access the exhibit hall?
- All registered Conference attendees, including presenters and exhibitors, can access the Exhibit Hall with their Conference registration and do not need an additional Expo Visitor Pass.
- What are the Exhibit Hall hours and what days is it open?
- Please refer to the Exhibit Hall page for Exhibit Hall hours and dates.
- Can I receive a list of Conference participants?
- No, the CSUN AT Conference does not provide a list of Conference participants.
- Can I have a copy of the sessions I attended?
- No, the CSUN AT Conference does not collect presentation slides, handouts or transcripts of the sessions. Session recordings will only be available for viewing on-demand from their premiere time to 5:00 PM (PDT) on Sunday, March 14, 2021.
- My submission to the General Call for Presentations was accepted, will it be published?
- Submissions accepted for the General Call for Presentations do not get published. Only those accepted for the Journal Track will be published.