The 37th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference will host pre-conference workshops intended to provide attendees in-depth, skill-building tools on the topics that offer career advancement and professional development. The Center on Disabilities Call for Proposals for Pre-Conference Workshops will be Thursday, August 19 through 3:00 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
Pre-conference workshops should provide:
- An enhanced and in-depth exploration as opposed to a general overview
- Offer distinct learning objectives with gained practical knowledge
- Include an interactive learning experience
Workshops require advance sign-up and an additional fee from attendees, thus it is our intention that the pre-conference workshops are appealing and worthwhile. Workshops are not intended to be about promotional marketing, selling or distribution of any product or service.
Half-day and Full-day Workshops
We offer a variety of workshops that are scheduled as either a half-day (3 hours) or a full-day workshop (6 hours).
All professionals from a variety of backgrounds, with expertise in a subject matter area are welcome to submit a proposal. Companies or representatives on behalf of an organization, company or product will not be accepted as a presenter for a pre-conference workshop.
Half-day workshops have a maximum of two (2) presenters and up to three (3) on full-day workshops.
Pre-Conference Proposal Requirements
You are required to include the following information:
- Up to 2 presenters on half-day workshops and up to 3 on full-day workshops (later additions and substitutions prohibited)
- All presenter bios and contact information
- Half or full-day designation
- Program title
- 3 Learning objectives
- Program description (including summary, format and how objectives will be met)
- Audience type (beginner, intermediate or advanced)
Proposals will be reviewed based on how well they meet the following criteria:
- Addresses an innovative or new perspective in technology
- Offers beneficial strategies for effectively implementing assistive technology practices
- Incorporates interactive learning
- Demonstrates how learning objectives will be met
- Provides a diversity of learning modalities and styles
The Call for Pre-Conference Workshop Proposals is now open!