- Applied Research Center. “Shattered Families: The Perilous Intersection of Immigration Enforcement and the Child.” Welfare System, November 2011.http://www.atlanticphilanthropies.org/sites/default/files/uploads/ARC_Report_Shattered_Families_FULL_REPORT_Nov2011Release.pdf
- Escobar, Martha. “Understanding the Roots of Latina Migrants’ Captivity.” Social Justice: A Journal of Crime, Conflict, and World Order, 36: 2 (2010).
- Hauptman, Samantha The Criminalization of Immigration: the Post 9/11 Moral Panic. El Paso: TX. LFB Scholarly Publishing LLC
- Huerta, Alvaro. Reframing the Latino Immigration Debate: Toward a Humanistic Paradigm.
University of San Diego Press. 2013.
- Kirkham, Chris. “War on Undocumented Immigrants Threatens to Swell U.S. Prison Populaion,”
, HuffingtonPost. January 12, 2014.
- Loyd, Jenna M., Matt Mitchelson and Andrew Burridge, eds. Beyond Walls and Cages:
Prisons, Borders, and Global Crisis (Geographies of Justice and Social Transformation).
Luibhéid, Eithne. Entry Denied: Controlling Sexuality at the Border. Minneapolis: University of
Minnesota Press, 2002.
- Perea Juan. Immigrants Out! The New Nativism and the Anti-Immigrant Impulse in the United
States. New York University Press, 1996.
Wessler, Seth Fried. “How Immigration Reform Could Expand Incarceration of Immigrants,”
Colorlines: News for Action. February 6 2013
- Bosworth Mary and Jeanne Flavin, eds. Race, Gender, and Punishment, Piscataway: Rutgers,
- Incite! Women of Color Against Violence, ed. Color of Violence: The Incite! Anthology.
Cambrige, Mass.: South End Press. 2006.