Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication
- Dean: Wm. Robert Bucker
- Associate Dean: Karen Kearns
- (818) 677-3086
Interdisciplinary Arts Study
The Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication offers interdisciplinary courses that combine topics or projects from two or more departments, primarily in the arts. Some courses may be team taught.
- AMC 386. Survey of the Entertainment Industry (3)
- Focuses on the roles and interactions of creative artists, business professionals, engineers, and computer scientists in the entertainment industry. Up to two different sections of this course may be taken for credit including but not limited to the following areas: (A) Producing commercials for local small businesses; (B) Producing television promos and trailers; (C) Theme park creation, design and operation; (D) Producing electronic press kits; (E) Sports programming creation, design, and production; (F) From feature film to stage: content and marketing challenges. (Crosslisted with MSE 386).
- ARTS 496A-Z. Interdisciplinary Arts Study
- ARTS 497. Internship in the Arts (3-3)
- Preparatory: Senior or graduate standing, portfolio review or audition and consent of the instructor. Supervised Off Campus Experiential Education (SOCEE) in an approved aspect of the arts. Six units maximum, 3 of which may be graduate. (Credit/No Credit Only)