1. When? Requests are appropriate to submit for review if there are significant on-going changes in job duties/responsibilities, that represent at least a 50% change in job duties including but not limited to:
- Reassignment of duties that result in the position changing more than 50%.
- Addition, removal or significant changes in supervisory responsibilities.
- Technological change (new equipment requiring special license, training or knowledge, not different software which enables the incumbent to fulfill their current responsibilities in a different way).
Note: not all changes in duties and responsibilities may be significant enough to warrant a classification review or necessitate a revised position description.
2. How? An employee or supervisor may submit a written request for classification review by completing and submitting a Staff Position Description Form and selecting "Initiate a classification review of a filled or vacant position."
Requests are processed in the order of receipt in the Human Resources department.
Position duties are compared with:
The appropriate CSU Classification and Qualification Standards
Other similar positions in the department, and within the University
The appropriate classification is determined.
The incumbent is notified of the classification decision in writing.