To determine eligibility, proof of graduation is required along with transcripts, a CSU letter of reciprocity, and a copy of diploma. The following alumni are eligible for Career Center services.
- Graduates of California State University, Northridge. Please note that there is a one year grace period from last enrollment.
- Graduates of any California State University. Graduates from universities other than CSUN are not eligible for the one year grace period.
Before applying for jobs:
- Complete or update your SUNlink profile by clicking Profile on the bar across the top of the screen, then select Academic Profile.
- Make sure your grade point average and other academic information (graduation date, major, etc.) is correct and up to date.
- Upload your resume and cover letter by clicking Documents at the top of the screen.
Instructions to search for jobs:
1. Select Jobs / Experiential Learning, then select SUNlink Jobs.
2. Make a selection under the Show Me drop down menu (e.g., All Job Listings), then choose Search.
3. To further refine your job search, choose a particular position type such as Work Study or Internship and select Search.
4. Apply for positions as instructed by the employer.
Required Registration Fee
REGISTRATION FEE: Free with current CSUN Alumni Association membership. Register in person at the Career Center, UN 105 or call (818) 677-2878 for more information.
Please note that registration requires an email address. Available services include:
- Job fair attendance. Please note that campus parking is not included.
- Career library resources. Alumni members cannot checkout material.
- Career education including workshops and career events.
- Resume review. Resumes are critiqued by a trained peer educator. Members are limited to one per semester year on final draft resumes only.
Job Search Services
JOB SEARCH SERVICES: Free with current CSUN Alumni Association membership.
Available services include:
- Access to SUNlink, our online career services and job board.
- Local and regional job listings for CSUN students and alumni. Apply for jobs online.
- NACElink extended job search with access to a regional and national job board.
- Other resources including Resume Builder, an opt-in resume book, career portfolio, mock interviews (webcam required) and career exploration tools such as Career Explorer and Career Finder.
- Matador Network, CSUN’s mentoring program.
- Events and workshops including employer information sessions and networking programs.
- On- campus interviews (OCI). First priority is given to current enrolled students. On-campus interviews are limited to CSUN alumni only. Eligibility will be determined by employer.
E-Career Planning and Guidance
E-CAREER PLANNING AND GUIDANCE: Free with current CSUN Alumni Association membership.
Available services include:
- Access to Pathways, our online application for career exploration and development.
- An extended job search with federal, state, and local government job sites, and career specific and other recommended job sites.
- Self-guided career exercises that provide self-discovery, options and help with decision-making and goal setting.
- Career resources that contain information about occupations, salaries, job search preparation, sample resumes, how-to guides, tips for interviewing and networking, alternatives after graduation, career guidance and information about graduate and professional school.