Money Smart Week® was created by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in 2002 and is a public awareness campaign designed to help people better manage their personal finances. The Oviatt Library is proud to partner with the David Nazarian College of Business and Economics, Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, Financial Aid & Scholarship Department, Career Center, Associated Students and Alumni Association to host several activities during Money Smart Week which runs April 23-30, 2016.
Through these free events, CSUN students, faculty, staff and community members will be able to identify numerous financial resources available to them. Please see the list of events below and RSVP for one or more of the Money Smart sessions that will take place on Thursday, April 28.
Oviatt Library Money Smart Events
Go to our RSVP Form ( http://library.csun.edu/events/moneysmart?type=event ) to sign up for our events, and view additional Money Smart Week Events.
Lunch will be provided at no cost for the 12:30 - 1:20 workshop.
You may sign up for one or more sessions.
April 28, 2016
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:20 a.m. -- Your Financial Goals
- 10:30 a.m.- 11:20 a.m. -- Budgeting and Saving
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:20 p.m. -- Credit Cards / Scores and Buying a Car
- 12:30 a.m. - 1:20 p.m. -- Demystifying Myths about Scholarships
- 1:30 p.m. - 1:50 p.m. -- Financing Higher Education using Tax Credits and Deductions
- 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. -- Salary Negotiation
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. -- Alumni Panel
- 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. -- Ask a Financial Expert
Additional Money Smart Events
- CSUNsaves Board Game Night - Monday, April 25, 6 - 9 p.m. - Sequoia Hall, Room 112 ( Read More about the board game Event and RSVP )
- Financial Literacy Listener Party: Four Money Pitfalls to Tackle While in College - Wednesday, April 27th - 2 pm - University Student Union or Online ( Read More about the Listener Party Event )