Applicants must meet CSUN admission requirements as listed in the University Catalog. Applicants must also submit two letters of recommendation from supervisors or professors.
Admission to this program is highly selective. Students will be admitted in the fall semester each year. Successful applicants must have:
1. A four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Good academic standing at the last college or university attended.
3. Earned one of the following:
a. a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in all units attempted as an undergraduate, independent of when the degree was granted; or,
b. a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in the last 60 semester/90 quarter units attempted from all post-secondary institutions attended, including all units from the entire semester or quarter in which the 60/90 units began; or,
c. an acceptable post-baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with:
1) a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in all units attempted as an undergraduate, or
2) a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in the last 60 semester/90 quarter units attempted from all post-secondary institutions attended.
4. Successfully completed Introduction to Financial Accounting (with a B or higher) and Introduction to Managerial Accounting (with a B or higher) from a regionally accredited university or community college. While not an admission requirement to the program, applicants are strongly encouraged to complete courses in Economics, Finance, Statistics, or Business Law before the start of the program. While those topics are not covered in the MPAcc program, they are tested on the CPA exam.
5. A GMAT score in the top 50th percentile of both verbal and quantitative, or GRE equivalent, unless applicants have earned a graduate degree, or an undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher, from a regionally accredited institution.
Also, the Nazarian MPAcc Admissions Committee may, at its discretion, waive the GMAT/GRE requirement for applicants who have both:
a. a minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 units taken at a regionally accredited academic institution of higher education, and
b. professional work experience of at least 4 years.
International applicants who do not have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. university must demonstrate a minimum TOEFL Paper-Based score of 550, a minimum Computer-Based score of 213 or a minimum Internet-based score of 79/80; or a minimum International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 or higher; or a minimum score of 58 with the Pearson's Test of English (PTE). Please note that the MPAcc Program is not accepting applications from international applicants at this time.
The deadline to submit applications for Fall 2020 admission is May 1, 2020. However, completed applications received by February 1, 2020 will receive priority consideration. Applications will be accepted beginning October 1, 2019.
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator at or (818) 677-2461.
HOW TO APPLY
Starting after October 1, 2019, applicants for the Fall 2020 entering class must do the following by the due date (priority deadline is February 1 and final deadline is May 1, 2020):
- Complete the online CSU Graduate Admissions Application. This is known as CSU Apply There is a $55 (U.S.) application fee payable to The California State University. For instructions on how to complete the CSU Apply Application, please click here.
- Send directly to CSUN Admissions and Records Office:
- All official transcripts. The official transcripts must be delivered by the granting institution to: California State University, Northridge Office of Admissions and Records 18111 Nordhoff Street Northridge, CA 91330-8207
- GMAT scores, if applicable (our program's GMAT code is: PVC-C4-19)
- TOEFL scores, if applicable
- Complete a Supplemental Application for the MPAcc Program available here starting on October 1, 2019. In addition, applicants must email as an attachment the following documents as part of the Supplemental Application (please email the documents to ):
- Personal Statement. Your Personal Statement should be no more than two (2) double spaced typewritten pages. Use Times New Roman size 12 font, 1" margins, and ensure the statement is double-spaced. The following points should be included in the Personal Statement: (a) Explain your motivation to pursue a graduate degree in accounting. How did you become interested in the field of accounting? What aspects of CSUN and the MPAcc program appeal to you? What positive aspects do you bring to the program? (b) Discuss your short-term and long-term career goals. That is, what do you expect to be doing in five years or ten years from now? How will a graduate degree in accounting help you reach your personal/professional goals?
- Unofficial transcripts
- Unofficial copy of the GMAT score, if applicable
- Unofficial copy of the TOEFL score, if applicable
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors or professors. If the person submitting the letter of recommendation prefers to send the letter directly to the MPAcc Program, the recommender may email the letter of recommendation to: or mail it to: MPAcc Program, Department of Accounting & Information Systems, Nazarian College of Business & Economics, CSUN 18111 Nordhoff Street, Northridge, CA, 91330-8372.