Academic First Year Experiences
- Describe CSUN policies and resources central to your success as a student.
- Describe some of your strengths as a learner.
- Describe ways in which you are an agent in your own academic success.
- Find and use appropriate information resources to negotiate complex challenges (for example, ethical dilemmas, academic assignments, and/or issues of personal identity).
- Demonstrate your ability to use at least one time management technique.
- Name [at least] two people you have met at CSUN whom you can call on for help.
American Indian Studies
- To demonstrate the ability to further refine critical thinking, written, and oral communication skills and other creative endeavors.
- To develop a critical and reflective perspective on Western interpretations of the experiences of First Nation Peoples, in particular an understanding of internal colonialism.
- To demonstrate an appreciation of the commonalties and the uniqueness of indigenous cultures and nations.
- To demonstrate a commitment through effective community service to work cooperatively with indigenous peoples.
- Demonstrate an enhanced ability to respect indigenous communities.