AS will be introducing a Student Leadership Internship Program that will give students an opportunity to work closely with leaders across the Legislative, Judicial and Executive Branches of Student Government. Students will receive valuable professional development in a program that is geared towards emerging future campus and community leaders.
Under the direction of the Chief of Staff, interns will:
- Get a firsthand look on how the AS Cabinet and Senate operate.
- Shadow members of the executive branch throughout the semester and collaborate on joint projects,
- Have the ability to work with current Student Senators on legislation while contributing valuable input regarding AS and university policy.
- Become knowledgeable on campus issues affecting themselves and their peers.
- Have the ability to attend meetings and network the university administration and personnel.
- Get paired with a mentor within Student Leadership.
- Develop interpersonal skills through leadership training and policy research.
Interns may receive academic credit.
While all interested students are encouraged to apply, AS is looking for students studying Political Science, Business, or Public Relations.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Clarissa Rojas, Chief of Staff at email@example.com.