The following is a list of available sport clubs at CSUN. If you’re interested in joining or starting a club, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Sport Clubs
CSUN Archery was founded in 2009 and has had members compete at state and national tournaments. Our purpose is to promote the sport of archery to fellow students and compete at the collegiate level
- Friday , 3:00pm to 5:00pm @ North Field
- Saturday , 4:00pm to 7:00pm @ North Field
- Four members competed in the state tournament and Raymond Paguia finished 11th at collegiate nationals.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Ballroom and Latin Dance Club
We are the CSUN Ballroom and Latin Dance Club. We are a social and competitive sports club that instructs on all forms of dance. We teach the fundamentals of Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, East Coast Swing, Cha Cha, Rumba, Salsa, Bachata, Merengue & more! No experience needed; we build all our dancers to a level where they can confidently dance on any dance floor, whether it be at a house party, competition or nightclub! As a club, we compete at local collegiate competitions, namely CCBDC’s Showdown, UCSB Beach Ball, USC Glamour Smackdown and the UCR Orange Blossom Ball. We’ve also preformed for several nightclubs, events and TV shows!
- Monday, 3:40pm to 4:45pm @ SRC Motivational Studio
- Wednesday, 3:10pm to 5:15pm @ SRC Motivational Studio
- Thursday, 3:25pm to 4:40pm @ SRC Motivational Studio
- Friday, 3:30pm to 6:30pm @ SRC Motivational Studio
Men’s Baseball started in 2012. We are entering our fourth season as a club, but our third season as a team. We joined the NCBA Division 2. We are in the Central conference where CSUN will be facing LMU, UCI, and, CMU.
This team is for those student athletes who want to keep pursuing their passion for playing baseball while getting their degrees at an incredible university like CSUN. Our goal is to create a competitive baseball environment and provide an opportunity for players to play baseball at a competitive level at the same time giving players the chance to build there confidence and try to “walk-on” onto the actual team at CSUN. Every year we have about three-four players who go out to tryout and is always the one that excels at the tryouts. We believe that baseball should be fun as well as competitive. We will strive toward success as not only on the field but in the classroom as well.
- Monday , 6:45pm - 8:45pm @ North Field
- Wednesday , 6:45pm - 8:45pm @ North Field
- Club President: Andrew Agustin
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The boxing club mainly began competing in local boxing shows in 2007 before joining the National Collegiate Boxing Association (NCBA). Our goal is to expose the CSUN community to the sport of boxing and to compete against other universities.
Participants practice two to four days a week in Redwood Hall 251 and are expected to compete at least once a semester.
- Tuesday , 8:00pm to 10:00pm @ Redwood 251
- Thursday , 8:00pm to 10:00pm @ Redwood 251
- Began competing in the NCBA in 2010 and former team member Lisa Porter attended the Olympic Trials
- Club President: Christian Lopez
For more information, contact email@example.com
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Club
The club was started by a CSUN alumnus and 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu instructor. After a two-year hiatus, the club was reformed and is now instructed by brown belt under Jean Jacque Machado. We strive to promote an active lifestyle, discipline, self-defense and new friendships through the “gentle art” known as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
We also participate in collegiate events in both gi and no-gi grappling; competing in tournaments is not required but encouraged.
- Monday , 7:00pm to 9:00pm @ Redwood Hall 251
- Wednesday , 7:00pm to 9:00pm @ Redwood Hall 251
- Friday , 5:00pm to 7:00pm @ Redwood Hall 251
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The CSUN Cheer Club is one of the most recognizable groups on campus. If your department would like the club to attend an event, please email us 30 days in advance. We will respond within three business days to let you know whether we can attend your department’s event.
CSUN finished second at the United Spirit Association (USA) nationals in 2008, traveled to the Universal Cheerleaders Association (UCA) nationals in 2009 and placed third in the USA nationals group stunt competition in 2010. The club has significantly grown as an organization and has gained a school reputation for its involvement and promotion on campus.
Our goals are to compete at the national level, promote school spirit, and encourage others to succeed and strive for excellence in the classroom, on cheer mats and in their futures. The club attends National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Sport Clubs and other university-related events by request.
- Wednesday , 8:30pm to 10:30pm @ Matadome
- Competed at the USA Cheer Nationals and finished 14th in the nation in 2012.
- Competed at the USA Cheer Nationals and finished 6th in the nation out of 22 teams in 2017.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Our goal is to expand the climbing community and create a competitive team at CSUN. CSUN Climbing Club was created Spring Semester 2013 and members have competed in a variety of competitions with other schools that have included, UCLA, UCSD, SDSU, and more where members have placed in top ranking positions.
- Thursdays, 7pm @ Top Out Climbing Gym in Santa Clarita
- Saturdays, 11am @ Top Out Climbing Gym in Santa Clarita
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Official athletic dance team at CSUN. Provide entertainment and spread school spirit during men’s and women’s basketball games, pep rallies, and school events. The team focuses on hip hop and jazz routines that we get from a Pro Action Dance camp that has pro dance teams from around the country come to learn amazing choreography!
- Tuesday , 8:00pm to 10:00pm @ Redwood B1
- Thursday , 8:00pm to 10:00pm @ SRC Motivation Studio
- Sunday (Occasional) , 1:00pm to 3:00pm @ Alternating locations
Fasmode Dance Crew
Fasmode Dance Crew, aka “FASA Modern” has been proudly representing Northridge since 2002. We are an urban hip hop dance crew that branched out from CSUN’s Filipino American Student Association (FASA). As a talented and unique collective, we share a common passion to dance and perform. Now completing 15 years, FASA Modern continues to innovate new ideas, build leadership, create lifelong friendships, and entertain our audiences.
- World of Dance
- Maxt Out Dance Competition
- Prelude Norcal
- Bridge Dance Competition
- Breakthrough Dance Competition
- CSUN Showcase
- Hip Hop International
- Urban Street Jam
- Monday , 7:00pm to 10:30pm @ Redwood 251 & SRC Motivation Studio (7:00 to 8:30pm in RE 251, 8:30 to 10:30 in SRC Motivation Studio)
- Wednesday , 8:30 pm to 10:45pm @ SRC Motivation Studio
- "Best Group Performance" CSUN Showcase 2017
- Best CSUN Dance Club 2016
- "Best Group Performance" CSUN Showcase 2015
- Hosts annual charity showcase "Night of Expressions"
For more information, contact email@example.com
CSUN Hip-Hop Dance incorporates many styles of dance into their original and innovative hip-hop choreography and has become a recognizable club on and off campus. Many former members have gone on to gain a reputation in the global dance community.
CSUN Hip-Hop Dance is comprised of a diverse group of incredibly talented individuals who all share a passion for dance. We perform at school events (CSUN Annual Student Showcase) and various venues outside of CSUN, the Key Club (Carnival), The Highlands, The Avalon and many others. All in all, CSUN Hip Hop Dance Team creates a creative haven for many of its members where they can let loose and get down. Life is dance and the whole world is your stage!
- Tuesday , 8:40pm to 11:00pm @ SRC Motivation Studio
- Wednesday , 7:30pm to 9:45pm @ Inspiration Studio
- Thursday , 7:30pm to 9:45pm @ Inspiration Studio
- Best dance and best overall team at the CSUN Student Showcase.
- Club President: Jesreen Ragual
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ice Hockey Club
The CSUN Ice Hockey club was founded in 1971 and was a member of the first collegiate hockey club league in the nation - the Pacific Collegiate Hockey Association. We strive to compete for the American Collegiate Hockey Association D2 (ACHA) national championship and expose the CSUN community to collegiate ice hockey. CSUN is one of the few teams on the west coast with a dedicated locker room year round.
- Tuesday , 7:00am to 8:45am @ Simi Valley Iceoplex
- Thursday , 7:00am to 8:45am @ Simi Valley Iceoplex
- Won multiple PCHA titles
- 2 WCHC titles
- 1 LA Kings Cup Championship
- Made 5 regional championship appearances
- Made 2 national championship appearances.
- The team has won back to back West Coast Hockey Conference Championships 2016-17 and 2017-18.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Men's Basketball Club
CSUN’s Men’s Basketball Club was brought back to campus in 2012. The club has been actively competing in State and National tournaments ever since.
Competing in NIRSA’s Regional and National Championships as well as expanding the knowledge of the game of basketball in an exciting and competitive manner, exposing the CSUN community to competitive basketball.
- Monday , 9:00pm to 11:00pm @ Red Ring Court 3
- Wednesday , 9:15pm to 10:30pm @ Red Ring Court 3
- Club President: Dejon Yahaya
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Men’s Rugby Club
In 1963, CSUN (known as San Fernando Valley State College at that time) started a very competitive men’s rugby team that lasted until the 1994 Northridge earthquake. Through the tireless efforts of former president JP Sine, the ruby club returned in 2012. With the leadership of the executive board, coaches, captains and club members, the team had a successful first year, earning the Matador Spirit Award and Outstanding New Club Award.
The competitive collegiate rugby club plays in the Southern California Rugby Football Union. Along with being competitive in nature, the club fosters the development of sportsmanship, respect, leadership, teamwork, discipline and athletic ability.
- Tuesdays , 6:00pm to 8:30pm @ North Field
- Thursdays , 6:00pm to 8:30pm @ North Field
For more information, contact email@example.com
Men’s Soccer Club
Joel Torres and Carlos Hernandez founded the men's soccer club, CSUNFC, in 2007, and the club has since increased in membership and recognition. After an undefeated fall 2009 season, the club won the central region. In 2011, they successfully hosted the Spring League Cup and received the Outstanding Sports Club Award that same year.
Our goal is to provide CSUN students with an opportunity to become better teammates, and develop athletic skills and individual growth through soccer.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays , 7:00am to 9:00am @ Turf Field
- Invited to the 2012 Premier League
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Men's Volleyball Club
- Tuesday , 7:00pm to 9:00pm @ Redwood 160
- Wednesday , 7:00pm to 9:00pm @ Redwood 160
- Thursday , 9:00pm to 11:00pm @ Redwood 160
- In 2017 (first season as club), finished 1st in Division 3
- In 2018, two competitive teams were established
For more information, contact email@example.com
Men's Wrestling Club
This brand new competition club manage to place 2nd in State, 2nd in Conference, and Multiple National Qualifiers all in the first year of competition.
- Monday , 7:00pm to 9:00pm @ Redwood 251
- Wednesday , 7:00pm to 9:00pm @ Redwood 251
- Alternate Practice @ Cleveland High School (contact for more info)
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Salsa Libre Club
Salsa Libre is California State University Northridge exclusive Salsa based team. Since its formation in 2010, Salsa Libre has given birth to prosperous generations of dancers who have and continue to gain a reputable status in the dance community through hard work, commitment and passion. Having no experience needed to join, we facilitate our members with all the tools necessary to shine on stage. Whether you’re starting off in our Performance team or taking the leap into our Competition team we guarantee a safe haven where your free to let loose. It is through the belief that we hold in the greatness of our members and the help of our coaches that we have continually remained triumphant. Today we are crowned as the number one collegiate champions in the western region. When competing or performing in events such as the Collegiate Salsa Open and the College Salsa Congress, Salsa Libre has always remained in the top four. However, we are not all hard work and no play, as a club we have a strong family like bond where our members frequently go dancing, hiking, study together all outside of the clubs practice times. We are dancers, we are family, we are Salsa Libre.
- Performance Team
- Tuesday , 7:00pm to 9:00pm, @ Redwood Hall 251
- Thursday , 7:00pm to 9:00pm, @ Redwood Hall 160
- Competition Team
- Tuesday, 9:00pm to 11:30pm, @ Redwood Hall 251
- Thursday, 9:00pm to 11:30pm, @ Redwood Hall 251
- Wiley Simpson Dance Club of the Year 2017
- 2014 “Outstanding Club of the Year”
- Collegiate Salsa Open
- 1st in 2017
- 2nd in 2015
- College Salsa Congress
- 1st in 2017
- 3rd in 2016
- 2nd in 2015
- 1st in 2014
- 2nd in 2013
- 1st in 2012
- 4th in 2011
For more information, contact email@example.com
Table Tennis Club
Welcome to CSUN Table Tennis! This organization welcomes anyone who loves Table Tennis to both learn the game and compete in a school-to-school competition for the chance to be NCTTA National Champion. Our number goal is to have fun. Over the course of the year, players will experience much improvement through weekly practice and annual tournaments to show off your skills.
- Tuesdays , 3:00pm - 5:00pm @ SRC Matarena
- Thursdays , 3:00pm - 5:00pm @ SRC Matarena
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CSUN Club Tennis was established in 2007 and has competed in United States Tennis Association (USTA) on-campus tournaments since inception. We have successfully bridged the gap between casual and competitive advanced players.
Our goal is to become a more cohesive unit of tennis players and achieve the best possible results at competitive tournaments around Southern California while building character as well as lifelong relationships with teammates.
- Tuesdays , 5:30pm to 7:30pm @ Tennis Courts
- Thursdays , 5:30pm to 7:30pm @ Tennis Courts
- Competed at the Pepperdine Invitational and Southern California Sectional Regionals at Claremont McKenna College
For more information, contact email@example.com
SWIM. BIKE. RUN! The Cal State Northridge University Triathlon Team helps students achieve their goals in the endurance sport of triathlon. The team encourages, motivates, and supports athletes, whether it’s crossing the finish line for the first time, finding a podium at regionals/nationals, or just getting into great shape. Many members have a background in cross country, cycling, and swimming. Whether you want to complete a short distance triathlon in our league conference, a long distance Ironman triathlon, or just get in to the best shape of your life; together anything is possible ! We are a club open to ALL levels and abilities.
Email us at
or find us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/groups/CalStateNorthridgeTriathlon .
- A couple of members recently participated in the collegiate University of California, Merced triathlon, and their results were outstanding. Both a male and female athlete placed second for their division and another participant ranked 15th overall.
Water Polo Club
Our club was founded in 2011 and we have been growing and outperforming ourselves each year. We strive to expose the CSUN community to collegiate water polo and compete in the Pacific Coast Division and Southwest Division. We strive for only excellence, respect, sportsmanship, teamwork, leadership, discipline, integrity, and top athletic ability.
- Tuesdays , 7:00pm - 9:00pm @ Redwood Hall pool
- Thursdays , 7:00pm - 9:00pm @ Redwood Hall pool
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our goal: For the club is to create a new environment for new and experienced weightlifters to learn the sport of Olympic Weightlifting and develop relationships and a community within CSUN.
- Monday, 3:30pm to 5:00pm @ Barbarian Barbell
- Wednesday, 3:30pm to 5:00pm @ Barbarian Barbell
- Friday, 3:30pm to 5:00pm @ Barbarian Barbell
For more information, contact email@example.com
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Women's Basketball Club
- Mondays , 7:00pm to 9:00pm @ Redwood 160
- Tuesdays , 7:00pm to 9:00pm @ Redwood 160
- Club President: Michelle Zuniga
Women's Lacrosse Club
CSUN Women’s Lacrosse Club started in 2014 in the WWLL as a provisional team and continues to grow. We are expanding the knowledge of the sport here on campus with the help of the wonderful staff here at the CSUN Sports Clubs office.
The California State University Northridge Women’s Lacrosse Club is a competitive collegiate lacrosse club. Along with being competitive in nature, the club fosters the development of sportsmanship, respect, leadership, teamwork, discipline, and athletic ability in all of its members, while encouraging student success. We encourage all to experience this sport and with the help of our club you have the opportunity to learn something new, and create connections here on campus throughout that process. We embrace and welcome women of all skill levels from beginners to experienced players.
- Mondays, 4:45pm - 7:00pm @ North Field
- Wednesday, 4:45pm to 7:00pm @ North Field
For more information, contact email@example.com
Women’s Rugby Club
The CSUN Women’s Rugby Club was founded as an interest group in 2010, but the club wasn’t officially recognized until the 2011-2012 school year. Our goal is to bring women with common interests together; spread knowledge about the game and laws of rugby; and give women a sense of empowerment by competing in rugby.
- Tuesdays , 6:00pm to 8:30pm @ North Field
- Thursdays , 6:00pm to 8:30pm @ North Field
- The club attended the first round of the USA Rugby Division II Collegiate National Tournament in its first year in existence.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s Soccer Club
The Women’s Soccer Club started in 2008 and has continued with a group of outstanding return athletes and energetic new members every season.
- Tuesdays , 7:00am to 9:00am @ SRC Turf Field
- Wednesdays , 7:00am to 9:00am @ SRC Turf Field
- Thursdays , 7:00am to 9:00am @ SRC Turf Field
- Qualified for the NIRSA National Championship series in Fall 2014
- Undefeated title for two consecutive years
- 2nd place in bracket in Fall 2017
For more information, contact email@example.com
Women's Volleyball Club
The CSUN Women’s Volleyball Club was established in 2013 and continues to give student athletes an opportunity to play and compete on a collegiate level. The club competes in the Southern California Collegiate Volleyball League (SCCVL) with other universities’ women’s volleyball club teams.
- Wednesday , 7:00pm to 9:00pm @ Redwood 160
- Thursday , 7:00pm to 9:00pm @ Redwood 160
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other sport clubs
The statuses of these clubs are in transition or inactive. If interested in starting this club up again, call or visit the Sport Clubs Office.
- Men's Lacrosse
- Roller Hockey
- Tae Kwon Do