Event staff are students representing the office of AS Productions who provide a positive peer presence at organized department programming events on campus. They work under the supervision of an AS Productions staff member to maintain a fun and safe environment at these events.
- assist in the staffing of department programming events
- generally help to maintain a safe and well organized event
- check to see if appropriate policies are being followed
- attend training and event staff meetings as required
- assist in other duties as assigned
The AS Productions Assistant Program is an educational, experiential volunteer program designed to facilitate the growth of individuals demonstrating strong interest in learning about the different aspects of campus programming.
The Assistant Program runs every semester with an opportunity to have 10 students work directly under an A.S Productions Producer and learn the fundamentals of event planning, organizing, and marketing. Assistants will be given the opportunity to learn and practice these skills through hands on collaborative project work and be offered a series of seminars to further build upon these skills.
Applications open the first two weeks of school with interviews to follow shortly thereafter. Assistants will be hired on a needed basis.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ability to work successfully in a team environment
- strong interpersonal skills, self starter, ability to work with little supervision
- must be able to commit time to attend all team meetings & AS Productions program events