This weeklong camp will get your teens to go out and explore their adventure side! Your camper will be participating in various activities including a day at Castaic Lake (learning to Kayak, canoe, tubing), Canyoneering (learning safety and skill), and a 3-day backpacking experience.
The teens will have a chance to increase their confidence in their skills and in themselves, knowledge about outdoor skills and have a deeper connection with nature on a 3-day backpacking trip.
They will create life long memories and create connections with one another. Adventure Camp will meet at California State University, Northridge at the Outdoor Adventures Office to depart on our adventure.
*Backpacking itinerary subject to change to either camping. Location is to be determined as we get closer to the camp date. All parents will get a text from our inReach device by certified trip leaders during the backpacking trip every night, letting you know your camper is safe*
Camp Dates and Details
Space is limited! But additional camps will be available depending on the wait-list.
Camp Pick up and Drop off
Adventure Camp starts at 8:00 am and will end at 5:00 pm. All campers must be picked up no later than 5:00 pm. Late pickups will be charged $10 per half an hour late.
Drop off and Pick up
Camp drop off and pick up will be at California State University, Northridge AS Outdoor Adventures office. It is located right by the Student Recreation Center.
What to Bring
Common Items needed throughout the camp, a more detailed list will be provided after registration:
- Water Bottle
- Chap Stick
- Day Pack
Castaic Lake Aquatic Center
Items To Bring:
Items To Bring:
Wednesday - Friday
Items To Bring:
- 1 pair Hiking Pants (No Jeans)
- 2 t-shirts
- 1 long sleeve t-shirt to sleep in
- 1 pair of sweatpants to sleep in
- Hiking shoes preferably not new or tennis shoes
- Beanie, gloves
- Toiletry (toothbrush, toothpaste, wipes)
*All camping gear will be included: backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping pad, tents*
- The full payment will be required during registration.
- Cancellations made more than 14 days before the trip will be refunded for the full dollar amount, minus a 20% processing fee. Cancellations made less than 14 days before the trip are not eligible for a refund
- Outdoor Adventures reserves the right to cancel any trip due to incompatible conditions for the activity. In the event Outdoor Adventures cancels the trip you will receive a full monetary refund.
Call us at 818-677-4453 for more information!
How to register:
Once you click on register for Youth camp, you will need to create a src account. Once you have created the account, you will click on Outdoor Adventures and will be able to click on Youth camp to register.
What if I’m having trouble with online registration?
What if I don’t remember my SRC username?
If you created an account with the Student Recreation Center and are having trouble logging on and/or you forgot your username please contact the IT department at CSUN at http://www.csun.edu/it.
Weekly Detailed Adventure Schedule: