What is Lobby Corps?
Lobby Corps is a team of students who work alongside the AS Chair of Legislative Affairs to represent student interests. Each year, up to 20 students are selected to lobby at the local, state, and federal level. Lobby Corps serves to amplify the diverse voices of CSUN students and works to ensure they are heard by the appropriate governing body. The Lobby Corps undergoes continuous and comprehensive training throughout the year to ensure members are empowered with the necessary skills, knowledge, and experience to be effective advocates.
Lobby Corps Committee
Meeting Times: Every Wednesday from 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Chair: Mikayla Jakubecy-Gibson
- Voting Member: Nathan Dunne
- Voting Member: Jenishkumar Chetankumar
- Voting Member: Alex Robles
- Voting Member: Desmond Loh
Expected Duties of a Lobby Corps Member
- Attend weekly Lobby Corps meetings.
- Research and track legislation that affects higher education and students at CSUN.
- Organize events on campus that advance the Lobby Corps mission including voter registration drives, phone banking and postcard writing events, and Big Politics.
- Attend or watch livestream recordings of the CSU Board of Trustees and CSSA Plenary meetings as needed.
- Collaborate with campus organizations to learn about student needs and concerns.
- Participate in tabling opportunities at campus events.
- Participate in legislative office visits to discuss bills and their progress, share student testimonies, and lobby for support for our goals.
Students who join the Lobby Corps will earn unique experience in higher education advocacy. They will earn policy research and lobbying experience, improve communication and leadership skills, and practice working in a professional environment among a group of dedicated students. Lobby Corps membership is open to all majors and levels of experience!
Stay informed about state budget issues and legislative activities that impact the university by joining forces with other California State universities.
You can also search for your local representative , or select a link below to find out more about California officials and legislative matters.
- U.S. President: Joseph R. Biden (D)
- U.S. Vice President: Kamala D. Harris (D)
- U.S. House of Representatives, California District 30
- U.S. Senate
- California State Assembly District 45
- Assembly Member: Jesse Gabriel (D)
- California State Senate District 18
- State Senator: Robert Hertzberg (D)
California's Executive Branch
- Governor: Gavin Newsom (D)
- Lt. Governor: Eleni Kounalakis (D)
- Secretary of State Shirley Weber (D)
- Controller: Betty Yee (D)
- Treasurer: Fiona Ma (D)
- Attorney General: Rob Bonta (D)
- Commissioner of Insurance: Ricardo Lara (D)
- California Board of Equalization District 3: Antonio Vazquez
- Superintendent of Public Instruction: Tony Thurmond
Los Angeles County
- Board of Supervisors District 3 (South of Lassen)
- Supervisor Sheila Kuehl (NP)
- Board of Supervisors District 5 (North of Lassen)
- Supervisor Kathryn Barger (NP)