What is Lobby Corps?
Lobby Corps is a team of students who work alongside the AS Chair of Legislative Affairs to represent student interests. Each year, up to 20 students are selected to lobby at the local, state, and federal level. Lobby Corps serves to amplify the diverse voices of CSUN students and works to ensure they are heard by the appropriate governing body. The Lobby Corps undergoes continuous and comprehensive training throughout the year to ensure members are empowered with the necessary skills, knowledge, and experience to be effective advocates.
Lobby Corps Committee
Meeting Times: Every Wednesday from 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Chair: Mitul Kalra
- Vice Chair: George Radionov
- Voting Member: George Radionov
- Voting Member: Juliana Guzman
Expected Duties of a Lobby Corps Member
- Attend weekly Lobby Corps meetings.
- Research and track legislation that affects higher education and students at CSUN.
- Organize events on campus that advance the Lobby Corps mission including voter registration drives, phone banking and postcard writing events, and Big Politics.
- Attend or watch livestream recordings of the CSU Board of Trustees and CSSA Plenary meetings as needed.
- Collaborate with campus organizations to learn about student needs and concerns.
- Participate in tabling opportunities at campus events.
- Participate in legislative office visits to discuss bills and their progress, share student testimonies, and lobby for support for our goals.
Students who join the Lobby Corps will earn unique experience in higher education advocacy. They will earn policy research and lobbying experience, improve communication and leadership skills, and practice working in a professional environment among a group of dedicated students. Lobby Corps membership is open to all majors and levels of experience!
Stay informed about state budget issues and legislative activities that impact the university by joining forces with other California State universities.
You can also search for your local representative , or select a link below to find out more about California officials and legislative matters.
- U.S. President: Joseph R. Biden (D)
- U.S. Vice President: Kamala D. Harris (D)
- U.S. House of Representatives, California District 32
- U.S. House of Representatives, California District 30
- U.S. Senate
- California State Assembly District 46
- Assembly Member: Jesse Gabriel (D)
- California State Senate District 45
- Assembly Member: James Ramos (D)
- California State Senate District 18
- State Senator: Steve Padilla (D)
California's Executive Branch
- Governor: Gavin Newsom (D)
- Lt. Governor: Eleni Kounalakis (D)
- Secretary of State Shirley Weber (D)
- Controller: Malia Cohen (D)
- Treasurer: Fiona Ma (D)
- Attorney General: Rob Bonta (D)
- Commissioner of Insurance: Ricardo Lara (D)
- California Board of Equalization District 3: Antonio Vazquez (D)
- Superintendent of Public Instruction: Tony Thurmond (D)
Los Angeles County
- Board of Supervisors District 3 (South of Lassen)
- Supervisor Lindey P. Horvath (NP)
- Board of Supervisors District 5 (North of Lassen)
- Supervisor Kathryn Barger (NP)
- Mayor: Karen Bass (D)
- L.A. City Councilmember District 12