Gain valuable knowledge on the basics of backpacking, while in one of California’s most well-known homes of the Red Giants, Portola State Park. In this introductory trip you will learn how to properly pack your bag, visit beautiful viewpoints, experience how to safely filter your water, practice the "Leave no Trace" lifestyle that we practice, and so much more! This is one of the most immersive ways to experience the magnificent Redwoods at its heart.
- Group gear (tents, cooking equipment, etc.)
- Personal camping gear (sleeping bags, head lamp, ground pad, etc.)
- All related camping fees and permits
- 6 meals
- Experienced trip leaders
- All related backpacking equipment
- 2 meals while traveling (will stop at restaurants)