Mandatory Candidate photo Session: Wednesday, March4that 5:00pm, at the Altadena Room.
Mandatory Candidate Orientation: Wednesday, March 4that 5:00pm, at the Altadena Room.
(Either candidate or campaign manager must attend orientation.)
Candidate ballot bios due: No later than Wednesday, March 5th, by Noon to the Chair of Elections.
President/Vice President Debate and Candidate Open Mic
Tuesday, March 26, 12:30 pm (All Pres/VP candidates must attend. All other candidates encouraged to attend for “open Mic” speeches.
Grand Salon (USU)
Elections – online. Wednesday, April 3 8:00 am through Thursday, April 4, 7:00 pm
- Voting stations: Bookstore, Sierra Lawn, Arbor Grill
- Wednesday, April 3 8 am – 6 pm
- Thursday, April 4 8 am – 6 pm
Election Results Party: Thursday, April 4, 7:00 pm – USU Thousand Oaks room
Financial statements due: Friday, April 5 at Noon
Candidate formal complaints due: Friday, April 5 at Noon
Senate accepts election results: Monday, April 15
STREET TEAM CALENDAR:
Applications available: Monday, February 18 at Noon.
Applications Due: Friday, March 1 at Noon
Street Team Trainings:
- Wednesday, March 27 at 3:00 pm
- Thursday, March 28 at 3:00 pm
- Monday, April 1, 8 am – 6 pm
- Tuesday, April 2, 8 am – 6 pm
- Wednesday, April 3, 7 am – 8 pm
- Thursday, April 4, 7 am – 8 pm
- Monday, March 4, 2019 – Last day for Senate to approve Referenda for the Spring 2019 Ballot (28 days prior to election)
- Monday, March 4, 2019 – Last day for USU to give AS their list of candidates for the ballot.
- Monday, March 18, 2019 – Last day for Senate to approve survey questions for the Spring 2019 Ballot (14 days prior to election).
- Monday, March 18 – Last day for USU to give AS pictures and bios for the ballot.
Once you have filed for candidacy, make sure to submit the following paperwork to the AS offices or by email to email@example.com by the listed deadlines. Any forms not filed or filed without proper signatures/information could disqualify you from candidacy.
Media Forms Due Friday, February 27 at 4pm
Press Release Agreement - Required for candidates to appear in media through AS and CSUN.
Finance Forms – Due Friday, April 5 at 4pm
Statement of Financial Disclosure Form - Shows the amount of money spent towards candidates’ campaigns. Accompanying receipts to purchases must be submitted with the completed form. Required EVEN IF no money was spent.
Monetary Donation Disclosure Form - Shows the amount of money received by a candidate/campaign. Required EVEN IF no money was received as donation.
Inappropriate Elections Conduct Forms
Formal Complaint Form - Use this form if you wish to file a complaint against an opposing candidate/slate. The Elections Committee will then deliberate upon the charge and determine the appropriate course of action. The last day complaint forms will be accepted is Friday, April 14 at 4pm.
Policies and Codes
AS Constitution - reference for officer qualifications and eligibility requirements.
AS General Elections Code - reference for rules on candidacy and filing, campaigning guidelines, the elections process, etc.
CSUN Student Conduct Code - reference for guidelines on permitted campaign behavior.
MIC Material Distribution Policies - reference for rules on material/publicity distribution such as permitted and restricted locations, types of permitted publicity, material approval process, etc.
MIC Material Posting Policies - reference for rules on material/publicity posting such as permitted and restricted locations, types of permitted publicity, material approval process, etc.