This is tutorial only. No login is required.
This guide introduces the basic information available when you navigate to the SOLAR Student Center Finances section > My Account subsection > Account Information link. The Student Center Account Information page helps you stay on top of your student finances. Use the Student Account Information page to:
- Check payment due dates
- View anticipated financial aid
- Monitor charges and credits
- Review your transaction history
If you have questions about your account, contact either of the following offices:
- Student Accounting – (818) 677-8000, Option 2; Student_Financial_Services@csun.edu
- University Cash Services – (818) 677-8000, Option 3; University_Cash_Services@csun.edu
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees, without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by The Board of Trustees.
Log into myNorthridge at www.csun.edu with your CSUN User ID and Password.
Your customizable myNorthridge page displays. In the Links box, select the SOLAR Student Center icon.
You are now in the Student Center.
In the Finances section under My Account, click the Account Information link.
The CSUN Student Account Information page displays in two main sections:
- Student Account Information
- Transaction History including Charges Outstanding by Due Date
The first three Student Account Information columns from left to right are:
- Term – Transactions posted by term.
- Charge Type – Tuition and Other Fees, Housing, Meal Plans, etc.
- Total Charges Outstanding – All unpaid charges posted to your account.
The total of all unpaid charges posted to your account displays at the bottom of column 3.
The fourth through the sixth Student Account Information columns are:
- Anticipated Aid – Financial Aid that has been awarded and accepted but not yet disbursed.
- Future Charges – Housing, meal plan and other charges that are not yet due.
- Current Balance Outstanding – The total amount that is due now.
The Transaction History section lets you view charges and credits by term, transaction type, and date posted. You can choose the date range to view. To view all history, do not select a date range.
Enter a date range in the Date From and Date To boxes. Then click the Show History button. Details for the date range will display, in this example from December 1, 2010 to February 18, 2011.
To view your charges only with payment due dates, open the Charges Outstanding by Due Date section. Click the triangle in the section heading.
The Charges Outstanding by Due Date page displays the term, charge type, due date, and charge amount.
- Check your account balance whenever you adjust your class schedule. You may owe additional fees or be eligible for a refund each time you add, drop, or swap classes during registration periods.
- Plan ahead to know when tuition and other fees are due. See the Fee Payment Schedule on the University Cash Services website. The deadlines to pay tuition and other fees vary depending on the date(s) you registered.
To avoid disenrollment from some or all of your classes, be sure to pay tuition and other fees in full by the published due date. Payments made after the deadline will not prevent you from disenrollment.