This is tutorial only. No login is required.
This guide introduces the basic information available when you navigate to the SOLAR Student Center Finances section > My Account subsection > Account Information link. The Student Center Account Information page helps you stay on top of your student finances. Use the Student Account Information page to:
- Check payment due dates
- View anticipated financial aid
- Monitor charges and credits
- Review your transaction history
If you have questions about your account, contact either of the following offices:
- Student Accounting – (818) 677-8000, Option 2; Student_Financial_Services@csun.edu
- University Cash Services – (818) 677-8000, Option 3; University_Cash_Services@csun.edu
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees, without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by The Board of Trustees.
Go to the CSUN home page at www.csun.edu and:
- Select the myNorthridge Portal link
- Log in with your CSUN User ID and Password.
Your myNorthridge home page displays.
In the Quick Links box, select the SOLAR Student Center icon.
You are now in the Student Center.
Under the Finances heading in the My Account section, select the Account Information link.
The CSUN Student Account Information page displays tables under two main headings:
- Student Account Information
- Transaction History including Charges Outstanding by Due Date
In the Student Account Information table, the first three columns from left to right are:
- Term – Transactions posted by term.
- Charge Type – Tuition and Other Fees, Housing, Meal Plans, etc.
- Total Charges Outstanding – All unpaid charges posted to your account.
The total of all unpaid charges posted to your account displays at the bottom of column 3.
The fourth through the sixth columns in the Student Account Information table are:
- Anticipated Aid – Financial Aid that has been awarded and accepted but not yet disbursed.
- Future Charges – Housing, meal plan and other charges that are not yet due.
- Current Balance Outstanding – The total amount that is due now.
The Transaction History section lets you view charges and credits by term, transaction type, and date posted.
To display your transaction history:
- Enter a date in the Date From and Date To boxes for the range you want. (To view all history, do not select a date range.)
- Click the Show History button.
Details for all charges and credits in the date range you selected will then display in the Charge and Payments by Post Date table, including term, transaction type, charges, credits and date posted.
To view only your charges with payment due dates, open the Charges Outstanding by Due Date section by selecting the triangle in the section heading.
The Charges Outstanding by Due Date page displays the term, charge type, due date, and charge amount.
- Check your account balance whenever you adjust your class schedule. You may owe additional fees or be eligible for a refund each time you add, drop, or swap classes during registration periods.
- Plan ahead! Check the University Cash Services Fee Payment Schedule so you’ll know payment deadlines.
To avoid disenrollment from some or all of your classes, pay tuition and other fees in full by the published due date. Payments made after the deadline will not prevent disenrollment.