Advisors please go to: www.csun.edu/anr/soc/guides/mpg-advisor.html
This is a tutorial only. No log in is required.
My Plan to Graduate (MPG) is an interactive planning tool that provides a path to meeting your graduation goals. MPG consists of "Roadmaps" of courses that fulfill requirements for degree programs at CSUN. You can view these Roadmaps and select the courses you want to take to develop a detailed term-by-term, multi-year, academic "Student Plan" for one or more degree programs.
A "Roadmap" is a term-by-term outline of courses that should be taken to complete a specific major. A Roadmap is based on your Degree Progress Report (DPR), the audit shows the placement of all previously completed course work. A Roadmap offers a specific outline of courses from which to choose when setting up a plan. Roadmaps have been written for all available degree programs in your catalog year.
A "Student Plan" is your academic path to graduation. By using the Roadmap as a guide, you can drag and drop specific courses to create your plan to degree completion.
As you progress through your college career, your unique plan will display current and future terms; it is intended to plan for the future.
Plans can be built on your declared major or “what if” plans for majors in your catalog year.
IMPORTANT! MPG is intended for use as a planning tool and is considered unofficial. At this time it does not reflect course substitutions or report all university requirements (i.e., units and GPA). Please refer to your DPR (Degree Progress Report) for this information. If there is a discrepancy between your MPG and DPR, follow your DPR for the more accurate information.
Log into the myNorthridge Portal at www.csun.edu with your
CSUN User ID and Password.
Your myNorthridge page displays
- Select the Home Tab
- Locate the Quick Links box
- Click the Degree Planning Tools icon
The Degree Planning Tools light box displays.
- Click My Plan to Graduate
Create a Plan:
- Click the Create a new Plan button.
Choose a Degree Program:
- Select a college.
- Select a major.
- Select a degree program.
Note: It may be necessary to click the name to expand the information rather than the plus (+) sign.
Name Your Plan:
- Enter a Plan Name.
- Select a current or future Term.
- Enter a Year.
- Click the Add Plan button to create and store your plan.
The Years to Graduation box will default to 4 years. Use the drop down menu to adjust the number of years to degree completion.
Open a Plan:
- To open a plan, click the Name (in this example, the plan name is Political Science / Law & Society).
- Select an Action (copy, delete, or rename an existing plan) from the drop down menu.
To create additional plans repeat steps 3-6 above.
A Roadmap audit displays on the left and your customized plan on the right.
Add courses from the roadmap to your plan in three ways:
- Drag and Drop - Find a course in the Roadmap. With your cursor, drag the desired course and drop it into a term in your plan. Adding courses using the drag and drop will automatically populate the units and title.
- Manually add a course not found in the Roadmap - Right click a term name in your plan to select an action from the box (add course, add term, remove all courses, or delete).
- Move Buttons - Select the Move Preferred button to move courses to your plan from a Roadmap for which there are no options (i.e., if only one course is listed to satisfy a requirement, that course will be moved from the Roadmap to the Plan). Selecting the "Move All" button will bring all courses from the Roadmap to the Plan. This is only available for a few majors that have the audit specifically written with no course options.
- Delete a course from your plan - Right click the desired course and select Delete.
To read Course Descriptions, right click the course in the Plan or Roadmap.
Plan General Education courses:
- General Education Sections A-F and Upper Division GE courses are listed at the end of each roadmap.
- Drag and drop GE courses to the desired term in your plan.
Refer to Degree Planning Guides for a recommended sequence of GE courses.
Select a Favorite Plan:
- If you have multiple plans, then select a favorite plan.
Add comments to your plan with the Add New Comment button.
Comments can be private or shared with your advisor.
Description of Actions.