This is a tutorial only. No log in is required.
A co-requisite course requires concurrent enrollment in another associated course. In order to successfully enroll in co-requisite classes, you must:
- Find out what classes go together by reviewing the class requirements listed in the Class Notes section of Class Search.
- Put both co-requisite classes into your shopping cart before you finish enrolling.
- When you finish enrolling, confirm the transaction and check for any messages.
To learn more, see:
- "What are course requisites?" at Registration FAQs.
Go to the CSUN home page at www.csun.edu and:
- Select the myNorthridge Portal link
- Log in with your CSUN User ID and Password.
Your myNorthridge Home page displays.
Resolve any holds before enrolling in classes.
My Checklist alerts you of registration holds that will prevent you from adding classes. Hold messages display in the Incomplete Tasks section.
In My Checklist under Registration:
- Click Enroll in a Class (or click the Register for Classes icon).
- Follow the subsequent prompts to register for classes.
The Fee Payment Notice displays.
- To continue, read and accept the Statement of Financial Responsibility.
To go back, select Back To Portal in the upper right corner of the myNorthridge banner (not shown).
The Select Classes to Add page displays.
Let’s say you want to add co-requisite classes PAS 113A * and UNIV 61P.
- If you know the five-digit class number, enter it in the box
(you can start with either class).
This example starts with PAS 113A, section 01, class number 12104.
Don't know the class numbers? Look them up in Class Search (select Search).
* The name of the Pan-African Studies (PAS) Department has been changed to Africana Studies (AFRS).
The Enrollment Preferences page displays.
- Review Enrollment Information and Class Notes to confirm that PAS 113A-01 (section 01) and UNIV 61P-01 (also section 01) are co-requisites.
- Write down the 5-digit class number of the UNIV 61P lab, #16789 in this example.
- Click the Next button.
The Select Classes to Add page displays, and the lecture class PAS 113A-01 has been placed into your shopping cart.
Next, put the co-requisite lab UNIV 61P-01 into your cart. Locate the class number that you wrote down earlier, #16789 in this example.
- Enter the 5-digit class number for the co-requisite lab in the Enter Class Nbr box.
- Click Enter.
On the Enrollment Preferences page:
- Check that the class is open.
- Review enrollment information (requirements) and class notes.
- If you entered the correct co-requisite class, click Next.
Both classes are now in your shopping cart.
- Verify that the correct matching lecture and lab classes are in your shopping cart; otherwise, the enrollment transaction will fail.
- Click Proceed to Step 2 of 3.
On the Confirm Classes page:
- Again verify that the classes are in your shopping cart.
- Click Finish Enrolling to process your request.
The View Results page displays errors or confirms success for your enrollment.
If errors are found:
- Read the error message and print the page to discuss it with faculty or staff.
- Click Add Another Class to search for alternate classes.
- You may Make a Payment or view My Class Schedule.
View your My Class Schedule (weekly calendar view) to see how your classes fit together.
To print, select "Printer Friendly Page.