CSUN Communications - Get Connected
You will get a letter in the mail from Admissions and Records confirming receipt of the application one to two weeks after your application is received. This letter will contain your CSUN password and identification number and will prompt you to set up a CSUN account through the Campus Web Portal. It is very important for you to set up the account so that you can view the status of your application and receive important emails.
An International Evaluator and a Domestic Admission Analyst will review all of the documents as soon as the application is received. Required documents are:
- Application fee
- Official Verification of completion of high school and all high school transcripts if you have not completed a total of two-years at a university or post-secondary college.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended in the U.S.
- If you have earned credits at institutions of higher education outside of the U.S., please send in original or certified copies of all OFFICIAL academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas in original language of issue. Do not fax academic records.
- Official TOEFL score or other acceptable English language exam if you have not earned a minimum of 60 academic units at a U.S. institution.
- Financial Affidavit and bank statement
You will be notified by the Office of International Admissions and Records of your admissibility to the university.
If you have been admitted, you will receive a letter of notification asking you to meet with your International Advisor at your current U.S. institution. You will not receive an I-20 in the mail. Your I-20 will be issued after your current institution transfers your SEVIS record to CSUN. At that point, you will need to make arrangements to meet with an advisor in the International and Exchange Student Center to activate your new transfer I-20.
You can view the status of your application online. Log into myNorthridge at www.csun.edu with your CSUN User ID and Password. On the Applicant tab, locate My Checklist and review your complete and incomplete tasks.