The CSUN Child and Adolescent Alumni chapter offers training opportunities led by industry experts in the field of infant and early childhood mental health. Register for 2023 Symposium today to expand your knowledge and professional network and earn a Certificate of Completion.
Date: June 24
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
*Doors open at 8:15 a.m. for check-in
Location: Thousand Oaks Room at CSUN University Student Union
- CSUN alumni - $20
- General admission - $25
- Current CSUN student - $10
- On-site admission for all - $30
*Cost includes light refreshments and a Certificate of Completion.
Topic 1: Using Communication and Coping Techniques with Children in Stressful Situations
- Sandie Sternberg, CCLS, CPE and Joanne Ordono, CCLS, certified child life specialists from Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- Identify positive use of language for communicating with children and their families in stressful situations.
- Learn distraction and coping techniques to help children cope with stressful situations.
Topic 2: Infusing Equity into Practice in Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health: Integrating the Talk and the Walk
Speaker: Dr. Vivian L, Tamkin, Licensed Psychologist & Assistant Professor at Santa Clara University
Learning Objectives: Examining current infant and early childhood mental health practices in infusing an equity lens.
For inquiries, contact Hannah Labra