Admissions and Records

Update Personal Information

This is a tutorial only. No login is required. 


Update your personal information in order to:

  1. Receive university correspondence when you move to a new address
  2. Receive text messages sent to your cell phone in case of emergency
  3. Identify a contact person in case of emergency
  4. Tell us where to mail your diploma after graduation

Additional information available. NEW!  Starting Spring 2018, you can update personal information using the new myCSUNprofile page in myNorthridge Portal. See myCSUNprofile

Step 1

Go to the CSUN home page at and:

  1. Select the myNorthridge Portal link.
  2. Log in with your CSUN User ID and Password.

 myNorthridge Portal.

Step 2

The myNorthridge Home page displays.

In Quick Links box, select the SOLAR Student Center icon.

Select the SOLAR Student Center icon.

Step 3

The SOLAR Student Center home page displays.  

Locate the Personal Information section.

On the left, add or update your emergency contact information:

  1. Emergency contact person(s)
  2. Emergency text message option (check if you want CSUN to text you in the event of an emergency)
  3. FERPA Directory/Restriction (Before restricting, see Privacy Rights of Students in Education Records.)  

Select any link in the “Contact Information” box to add, update or delete your address, phone numbers or email addresses.

You can enter up to three addresses, including the one where you’d like your diploma sent after graduating.

Select the Diploma Address link.

Under Personal Information, go to the Contact information section.

Step 4

The Addresses tab displays. Select Add a New Address to enter a diploma or other type of address.

You can also update your phone numbers, email addresses and emergency contact information from this page using the top tabs.

Save your updated information and return to the Student Center, the Portal or log out.

Update your personal information.