International Admissions

  • Picture of Various Landmarks

    International Admission at Cal State Northridge

  • Picture of Various CSUN locations

    Invites you to the CSUN campus

Domestic Student with International Transcripts

Important Note

Domestic students with international transcripts should check the Admissions Calendar for the current application filing status (open or closed).

Please review this page for international transcript information, or email us at

A domestic student with international transcripts does not require a student visa (F-1 or J-1) to study in the U.S. but has completed some high school, college or university course work at an accredited educational institution outside the United States, its territories or protectorates. It may help to know that a domestic student with international transcripts is sometimes referred to as having "mixed records."

To be considered for admission as a domestic student with international course work, you’ll need to do all of the following:

  1. Review the CSUN admissions criteria and application steps for your class level at domestic applicants.
  2. Send us all OFFICIAL academic records for secondary and post-secondary course work taken outside the U.S., including certificates, degrees or diplomas in original language of issue. Do not fax academic records.
  3. Send us official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas. Do not fax translations.
  4. Have official transcripts for course work taken in the U.S. sent directly from the U.S. institution(s) to CSUN. If you have attended a California community college, you may be able to save time and money with eTranscript CaliforniaNote: Please do not send us identical, duplicate paper and electronic transcripts.
  5. Send all OFFICIAL domestic and international transcripts and translations to:

CSUN - Admissions and Records
Attention: International Admissions
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207

  1. Depending on your situation, you may be required to meet the English language proficiency requirement by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other acceptable exam. Required minimum scores are published in the University Catalog. Please note that some graduate programs require a higher score for admission than the university minimum. Graduate applicants, please check with the individual graduate program.
  2. Please review the Pre-Admission Disclosure for Academic Programs Leading to Licensure or Credentialing.

For assistance, please contact an International Admissions advisor.

After You Apply

If you are admitted, you'll need to take some additional steps. Select your class level from the domestic Admitted Students page.

If you are denied admission to the university, you may appeal this decision. For details and instructions to submit an appeal, please see Admission Appeals.