Your academic schedule is considered official by the end of the fourth week of classes. In the fifth week and after, changes to your schedule are considered only for serious and compelling reasons.
Important: Before dropping any classes, review the possible consequences of reducing the number of enrolled units.
To drop or completely withdraw from classes in Weeks 5 and beyond:
- Request formal approval using the appropriate Late Schedule Change Forms.
- Find medical withdrawal information, including a general timeline and procedures.
- Visit the University Cash Services website for refund information and eligibility.
- Learn more at University Withdrawal Policies.
To add a class in Weeks 5 through 12:
- Request a permission number from the instructor and enroll using self-service registration.
- The last day to add a class through self-service is Friday, April 21 (end of Week 12).
- Adding classes after Feb. 17 will not increase your financial aid award. Learn more at What Affects My Aid - Enrollment Requirements.
- Check your student financial account balance and fee payment deadlines in the CSUN Portal whenever you adjust your schedule.