Your academic schedule is considered official by the end of the fourth week of classes. In the fifth week and after, changes to your schedule are considered only for serious and compelling reasons.
To drop or completely withdraw from classes in Weeks 5 and beyond:
- Request formal approval using the appropriate Late Schedule Change Forms.
- Find medical withdrawal information at General Timeline and Procedures.
- Visit the University Cash Services website for refund information and eligibility.
- Drop classes you no longer want to avoid a failing grade. See University Withdrawal Policies.
To add a class in Weeks 5-12:
- Request a permission number from the instructor and enroll using self-service registration.
- The last day to add a class through self-service is Friday, April 22 (end of Week 12).
- Adding classes after Feb. 18, 2022, will not increase your financial aid award. Learn more at What Affects My Aid - Enrollment Requirements.
- Check your student financial account balance and fee payment deadlines in myNorthridge Portal whenever you adjust your schedule.
Find forms, deadlines and instructions at Late Schedule Changes.