Thanks to the Internet-based eTranscript California system, an increasing number of California community colleges can send your transcripts to CSUN electronically. If you are transferring course work from one or more of the community colleges listed on this page, take advantage of eTranscript California.
Save time and money! eTranscript California:
- Is faster than paper transcripts because we receive them quickly—within a day or so.
- Reduces the time it takes us to evaluate your transfer course work.
- Is free of charge to students who have attended any of the California community colleges in List 1 below.
- If you are applying for admission to CSUN, we will request your e-transcripts from the schools in List 1 at the time you submit your online application and they will be sent to us automatically. At all other times, however, you must ask your school to send your transcripts to CSUN.
- If your schools are in List 2 below, you will need to order and possibly pay your school for e-transcripts to be sent to CSUN. They might be free, but check the rules for ordering transcripts at your college.
- CSUN accepts e-transcripts from California community colleges through the eTranscript California system only. Electronic transcripts from other vendors or those sent to us in Portable Document Format (PDF) must be printed and processed manually, so they are no faster than paper transcripts, taking up to eight weeks to evaluate.
- Please do not send identical, duplicate paper and/or electronic transcripts!
Check the two (2) lists of California community colleges on this page to see if they can send your transcripts to CSUN through eTranscript California. If you are not applying for admission but want to transfer credits to CSUN, see "E-transcripts for current CSUN students" below.
IMPORTANT: Please read the special instructions with each list.