A post baccalaureate student who holds a recognized bachelor's degree from an accredited institution may pursue a program leading to a second bachelor's degree in approved majors. The major may not be the same as the previously awarded degree.
- All students are urged to consult with a department advisor to determine whether a second bachelor's degree or a graduate program better meets their needs.
- Please review the Pre-Admission Disclosure for Academic Programs Leading to Licensure or Credentialing.
If you are a second bachelor's applicant who is returning to CSUN after a leave of absence or academic disqualification, please see Returning CSUN Student.
Second BA or BS applications are strictly limited at this time.
- For a list of available majors and their application filing status (open or closed), see the Admissions Calendar.
- To read about the majors, see the University Catalog.
A second bachelor's degree applicant is admitted to CSUN as a graduate student and must meet all of the following requirements:
- The applicant has an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 in all units attempted as an undergraduate, independent of when the degree was granted;
The applicant has an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree and a minimum grade point average of 2.5 in the last 60 semester/90 quarter units attempted from all post-secondary institutions attended. The entire semester or quarter in which the 60/90 units began will be used in the calculation;
The applicant holds an acceptable post-baccalaureate degree earned at a regionally accredited institution.
- Check application deadlines and program status (open, closed or exceptions) in the Admissions Calendar.
- File an online application as a graduate student through CSUMentor.
After you have applied to CSUN, make sure the rest of your admission process goes smoothly:
- Set up your access to myNorthridge Portal and your CSUN email. Watch for a communication from CSUN Admissions and Records confirming our receipt of your online CSUMentor application after you apply.
- If you applied before January 20, 2017, you should receive an "activate your CSUN user ID and password" letter from Admissions and Records about 2 to 4 weeks after you applied.
- If you apply after January 23, 2017, you will receive an “Activate Your CSUN Account” email sent to the inbox you provided on your admission application. You should receive the email 1 or 2 days after you apply. Follow the instructions in the email.
- For help, see account activation instructions.
- Monitor your application status. Log into myNorthridge Portal, locate “My Checklist," and review your complete and incomplete tasks such as missing transcripts. For help, see the How To Guides.
- Check often for CSUN correspondence sent to your CSUN email box, by regular mail, and in myNorthridge ("My Announcements").
- Send the $55 application fee if you haven't already done so in CSUMentor.
- Send us your official transcripts (see below).
Remember, we want to communicate with you!
- Check your CSUN email often for the latest information.
- Take a moment to verify your paper mailing address in myNorthridge Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.
Send official transcripts for all of the following:
- All courses taken at other colleges and universities previously attended even if the course work was not completed
- All college courses in which you are currently enrolled (These are your preliminary, work-in-progress transcripts.)
- Your final transcripts for work-in-progress as soon as you complete the courses and grades are posted
All transcripts, preliminary and final, must be official:
- Paper transcripts must be received in sealed, unopened envelopes. Ask your previous schools to send your official transcripts directly to us at the address below.
- Electronic transcripts: If you are sending California community college transcripts, save time with eTranscript California.
Send official paper transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.