Admissions and Records

  • I am a Future Transfer Student

Admitted Second Bachelor's Student

You Should Know

Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes. If you do not enroll in classes and attend beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted, you will need to reapply for admission to the University in the next available semester. If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.

Enrollment Checklist

  1. Send us your final, official transcripts as soon as your courses end and your grades and degree are posted. Your final transcripts are used to verify that you have completed all course work you indicated as work-in-progress on any preliminary transcripts. You can check for missing transcripts and other incomplete tasks in "My Checklist" in myNorthridge Portal. Send transcripts to: 

CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records 
18111 Nordhoff Street 
Northridge, CA 91330-8207

If you are sending us California community college transcripts, save time with eTranscript California.

  1. Meet with your academic advisor to set up your academic plan before enrolling in classes. Make an advisement appointment by contacting one of the Student Services Centers/EOP Satellite advising centers, the department of your major, or Radiologic Sciences advisement. Ask your advisor if you need to take the English Writing Proficiency Examination (WPE).
  2. Watch for your registration appointment, which will display in myNorthridge Portal > My Checklist. Look for any registration holds and clear them before enrolling. 
  3. Learn about self-service registration with the Registration Guide and Registration Calendar. Become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid, view class and final exam schedule, check grades and more. Helpful: Self-Service How To Guides.
  4. Learn about tuition and fees, payment methods and deadlines at University Cash Services and with the handy flyer Fee Payment Requirements & Options (.pdf).
  5. Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid in the coming academic year, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after October 1 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
  6. Obtain your CSUN photo ID card (required). Pay online or in person; come in to have your photo taken and receive your card. Read more at Photo ID.
  7. Meet immunization requirements. All new students entering CSUN (and any CSU campus) for the first time in Fall 2020 and after will need to meet updated immunization requirements. These are not required for admission but are conditions for enrolling in classes. Students not meeting the requirements may receive a registration hold that prevents enrollment in their second-semester classes. Learn more at Immunizations.

  8. If you are a deaf or hard of hearing student, please contact CSUN's National Center on Deafness (NCOD) to complete the NCOD Supplemental Application for coordinated services. See NCOD FAQs.

We want to communicate with you! So please:

    • Check your CSUN email often for the latest information.
    • Take a moment to verify your paper mailing address in myNorthridge Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.

Best wishes for your first semester at CSUN.