You Should Know
Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes. If you do not enroll in classes and attend beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted, you will need to reapply for admission to the University in the next available semester. If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.
- Send us your final, official transcripts as soon as your courses end and your grades and degree (if applicable) are posted. Your final transcripts are used to verify that you have completed all course work you indicated as work-in-progress on any preliminary transcripts.
Save time and money! If you are transferring course work from a California community college, please see the instructions at eTranscript California.
You can check for missing transcripts and other incomplete tasks in "My Checklist" in myNorthridge Portal. Send transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
- Meet with your academic advisor to set up your academic plan before enrolling in classes. Make an advisement appointment by contacting an advisor for your student group:
- Take the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam (UDWPE) as early as possible after being admitted. You must attempt the exam no later than the semester in which 75 units are completed. If you are returning to the university with 75 units already completed, you must take the exam during your first semester at CSUN. Graduate students should ask their program coordinator whether or not they need to take the Consult your academic advisor and see the UDWPE policy (.pdf) and UDWPE test dates.
- Watch for your registration appointment. It appears in the paper Registration Access Mailer and online in My Checklist. Look for any registration holds and clear them before registering.
- Learn about self-service registration with the Registration Guide and Registration Calendar. Become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid status, view class and final exam schedule, check grades, print an unofficial transcript—and more. If you've moved, log in to update your mailing address. Read more at How To Guides.
- Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after January 1 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
- All students are required to have a CSUN photo ID card. If you have misplaced your photo ID, you'll need to get a new one. If your old student ID card lacks a bar code or your name has changed, you should consider getting a new photo ID. See How to Obtain a Photo ID.
- Meet immunization requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunity to or immunization for measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. Immunity to or immunization for Hepatitis B is required for all entering students 18 or younger before you complete your second semester. These are not required for admission but are conditions of enrollment. Students enrolled in a California public middle or high school after July 1, 1999 will have satisfied these requirements. For detailed information, see Immunization Requirements.
Best wishes for your first semester back at Cal State Northridge.